Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Xfire bought out
Quote:Team Leaving

August 2, 2010--Xfire has been purchased by another company. Most of the team that has brought you Xfire for the last 6 years is leaving, including me. We've enjoyed our time and I personally am sad that I was only able to do 127 releases. Good bye and game on!

--- Chris

This is a quote from the current Xfire.com homepage, their was an System announcement today telling every online Xfire user that the Xfire  team has just sold Xfire today and is now being ran by new owners. This is all the info I have at the moment.
eh, so what we are supposed to do now? :P
(08-03-2010, 12:00 AM)Unbreak link Wrote: eh, so what we are supposed to do now? :P

Hope the bastards can fix up this buggy ass program. :')
(08-03-2010, 12:00 AM)xbluexfoxx link Wrote: Hope the bastards can fix up this buggy ass program. :')
i used xfire like 6-7times only, cos i never liked it  :X
(08-03-2010, 12:04 AM)Unbreak link Wrote: i used xfire like 6-7times only, cos i never liked it  :X

I only use for the ingame feature.
I used to use it, but I stopped using it after I started using Steam more, on top of that, the default XFire skin just looked bad imo.
(08-03-2010, 12:11 AM)Rien link Wrote: I used to use it, but I stopped using it after I started using Steam more, on top of that, the default XFire skin just looked bad imo.

I'm using a custom, the default blows.
As long as they don't remove or drastically change any of the current features I'm okay with it. Although some of the features do need some changes. :X

Love the FPS and Clock overlay. O+
(08-03-2010, 01:20 AM)Lithirm link Wrote: As long as they don't remove or drastically change any of the current features I'm okay with it. Although some of the features do need some changes. :X

Love the FPS and Clock overlay. O+

Yeah I keep those tacked, very useful.
Having sold it, the buyer wouldn't have spent (probably a lot of money) if they didn't think they'd make even more money by owning the distribution rights to the program. If I were you I'd expect at least some changes that will net the new owners an income.