Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Call of Duty 7 / Black Ops
(05-17-2010, 07:41 PM)cloakster link Wrote: You realize that everything you have said is incorrect? Treyarch is the developer for CoD 3, WaW and now Blackops. Infinity ward was the main developer for the CoD series and developed the more successful CoD 2, 4 and MW2. They are different games due to the developers being different and this is why WaW had a different feel than MW.

As of now, around 30 employees of Infinity Ward left and have basically gone away from Activision, which means that Treyarch will most likely become the main developer for the CoD series with Infinity ward maybe not doing any more CoD games. MW3 is definitely not going to happen.

Hmm where did I state that IW is behind em all? The games hardly vary from the formula as COD 1 and 2 are virtually the same, COD 3 took what was done in COD 2 and only added vehicles, and even in COD WaW it was essentially COD 4 reskinned with obvious differences but gameplay essentially the same. It was only in the PS2, XBOX and PSP versions of COD that there was a switch in the formula but only because the hardware was so limited. This series has spawned so many titles from different developers like spark unlimited, Grey Matter, and Treyarch that its just become mind boggling. It is apart of what Activision envisioned and why IW lead developers left, the series was to be exploited and milked.

The only title in the series that I last enjoyed was COD:UO (gray matter) as it brought in more varied gameplay and actual use of vehicles rather to MP then just being there to kill infantry (unlike WaW). These latest games shows a heavy hand from Activision as to how scared the Publisher has been in letting IW branch out, hell they were against COD4 being set in modern times.

Who's to say they wont do mw3? Its Activision! they ran the guitar hero games into the ground and now are banking on cod series to save them (van halen sold 90k units in North America). This is not me saying they will make MW3 but I wouldn't put it passed Activision to put the game out by shifting developers (as they are doing now with Black Ops as Spark Unlimited had been assigned to work on map packs for the game black ops freeing up treyarch)
I don't feel like WaW was CoD4 at all and that's why i thought you didn't know how these games work. Also, i don't see how they will possibly make a MW3 without IW.
(05-19-2010, 06:28 AM)cloakster link Wrote: I don't feel like WaW was CoD4 at all and that's why i thought you didn't know how these games work. Also, i don't see how they will possibly make a MW3 without IW.

In my view WaW feels more like an expansion/mod rather then a new release. In looking at an old comparison video between COD 4 and WaW from IGN they come to a similar conclusion in regards to gameplay.

Call of Duty Comparison. CoD4 vs CoD:WaW

As well MW 3 is not entirely off the table its Activision, its possible they may try to push this sequel out as soon as Black Ops are done. This again is not me saying they will do it but looking at the Bobby Kotics business strategy I wouldn't be surprised if they continued worked on MW 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7dd..._embedded#!

Game looks badass though. At least the trailer.
Why isn't that sniper using his Spaz' stock? D:

Looks better and better though, sure do they'll add quite a bunch of stealth missions in this game. The TF141 missions in CoD4 and Mw2 were my favorites because of that.
(05-19-2010, 12:41 PM)Maka link Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7dd..._embedded#!

Game looks badass though. At least the trailer.
wow dont know about you guys but that looks like a MW upgrade...
(05-19-2010, 08:04 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: wow dont know about you guys but that looks like a MW upgrade...

Hell I think it looks better than that lol.
It's not going to be considered CoD7 even tho it is the 7th in the series, Just like MW2 is not considered CoD6. They're pulling a GTAIV move here.
GTA IV was called GTA IV because it used a new engine and had an entire different storyline you know.

(05-19-2010, 08:07 PM)Maka link Wrote: Hell I think it looks better than that lol.
What makes you say that based on pictures?!?! as far as i know, the story line will be dumb short, and based on pictures it will have CS weapons, and maybe new upgrades like 2v2 S&D and 5vs5 Headquarters. Nothing new, just a fucking waste of 60 bucks ..... reminds me of Madden series