Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Call of Duty 7 / Black Ops
And yet, so is Iraq.
Maybe somewhere like Somalia...
It's official now: http://callofduty.com/blackops/

Release date: November 11, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo4BIH4Dzxw
Debut trailer: *NEW* Call of Duty 7 Black Ops Official Teaser Trailer (HD)

Most probably Cold War (Vietnam, Cuba) but unfortunately with out the Korean war. You can also see some of the weapons (Stayr AUG, M4A1?), so it's definitely not WWII.

Can't wait for some gameplay footage.

Edit:

I just noticed something. At 0:18 you can clearly see a clock that indicates "2010:03:2" and the guy says something like "this should help you remember everything". So it could take place beyond the 60s/70s as well.
(05-01-2010, 08:33 AM)Turkey link Wrote: Most probably Cold War (Vietnam, Cuba) but unfortunately with out the Korean war. You can also see some of the weapons (Stayr AUG, M4A1?), so it's definitely not WWII. It may also take place beyond the 60s/70s.

Can't wait for some gameplay footage.

Nice one. However, isn't the AUG from late 70s? Same thing with the M4 carbine models, being from the late 90s?
Seems promising though with that small amount of footage. Let's hope that stays positive.
Hopefully that brings a nice multiplayer gameplay too, once released.
(05-01-2010, 08:41 AM)Maka link Wrote: Nice one. However, isn't the AUG from late 70s? Same thing with the M4 carbine models, being from the late 90s?
Seems promising though with that small amount of footage. Let's hope that stays positive.
Hopefully that brings a nice multiplayer gameplay too, once released.

(05-01-2010, 08:33 AM)Turkey link Wrote: I just noticed something. At 0:18 you can clearly see a clock that indicates "2010:03:2" and the guy says something like "this should help you remember everything". So it could take place beyond the 60s/70s as well.

So, yup, looks like you're right. I'm not too familiar with all the weapon models but all I knew is that it was a Stayr AUG and some kind of a M4. Could it also be the H&K M416?
damnit, I was about to say the AUG HBAR started production in '78 but you guys beat me to it :(

Hurray! Spamming COD after COD title!

If anything from the trailer it just looks like MW 2 only in the Cold War era... MP will prob be the same (COD 3 = COD 2, WaW = COD 4). From whats been said there's 2 more games coming out soon (one hinted at being MMO, the other not a regular FPS).

edit

MW 3 is in development (I know old news, but just adding to my point of COD series just being milked)
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nba-ea...-of/100221

[Image: blackscan1.1024-1409.jpg]
[Image: blackscan2.1024-1409.jpg]
[Image: blackscan3.1024-1409.jpg]
[Image: blackscan4.1024-1409.jpg]
[Image: blackscan5.1024-1409.jpg]
[Image: blackscan6.1024-1409.jpg]
Meh, much reading material. I'll check it when I'm bored.
(05-15-2010, 11:04 AM)Maka link Wrote: Meh, much reading material. I'll check it when I'm bored.
print it out and read while taking a shit  ;)
(05-02-2010, 12:01 PM)Flyby link Wrote: Hurray! Spamming COD after COD title!

If anything from the trailer it just looks like MW 2 only in the Cold War era... MP will prob be the same (COD 3 = COD 2, WaW = COD 4). From whats been said there's 2 more games coming out soon (one hinted at being MMO, the other not a regular FPS).

edit

MW 3 is in development (I know old news, but just adding to my point of COD series just being milked)

You realize that everything you have said is incorrect? Treyarch is the developer for CoD 3, WaW and now Blackops. Infinity ward was the main developer for the CoD series and developed the more successful CoD 2, 4 and MW2. They are different games due to the developers being different and this is why WaW had a different feel than MW.

As of now, around 30 employees of Infinity Ward left and have basically gone away from Activision, which means that Treyarch will most likely become the main developer for the CoD series with Infinity ward maybe not doing any more CoD games. MW3 is definitely not going to happen.