Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Call of Duty 7 / Black Ops
(11-21-2010, 02:46 PM)DowJones link Wrote: Anyone know what the next COD game will be ?

Something with space
(11-21-2010, 02:53 PM)Weezy link Wrote: Something with space
Source?
(11-21-2010, 04:30 PM)Rien link Wrote: Source?

CIA

nah jk, I forgot who said that in a CoD Topic
Here http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6283781.html
I hope it is true tbh, will make a nice change of pace from the usual 8)
(11-21-2010, 12:59 PM)Maka link Wrote: How did Treyarch fail? I believe they succeeded way more than even IW's Call of Duty 4 and Call of Duty 2 did. Even the statistics say so:

Call of Duty: Black Ops has without a doubt the best storyline so far. The Cold War was one of the most interesting periods.
The multiplayer is really great despite the early hiccups which occurred after release. Nearly everything is fixed right about now. The lag is as good as gone and performance keeps increasing with every patch. Hell, Treyarch even implanted their own branch of Promod, known as Barebones. This is really a huge positive for the competitive community, as it seems we won't even need a mod now.

Best game of the year, by far.

You know I had a long rebuke of this post and the entire COD series, but thinking it over my argument would fall on def ears as my other post had.

The series should end, you are all being taken for a ride for about 60$ a piece and 15$ a map pack. This is what Activision knows and if any of you read up on the companies CEO Bobby Kotick he only looks for ways to exploit the COD name (1).

There is more to it a ton more, but I thought I'd just make it short and sweet.

1. http://www.gamervision.com/users/sarah/a...n_exploit_
It's fun at the end of the day and that's what matters to me :7
(11-22-2010, 01:47 AM)Vinnie link Wrote: It's fun at the end of the day and that's what matters to me :7

Yea that's a point often used, but when a game like Black Ops makes 360$ million dollars it turns a lot of heads. Its a large sum of money that can't be ignored and other developers may want to follow a similar strategy (which isn't hard to notice as there's been a stream of modern shooters coming out). Which doesn't mean just more COD style games, but may be COD style pricing for things that should be free and no argument can convince me of the need to pay 15$ for 5 maps or any other assortment of weapons, clothing, levels or what ever.

again this is just my opinion obviously people enjoy it and will always play it.
(11-21-2010, 02:46 PM)DowJones link Wrote: Anyone know what the next COD game will be ?

Modern Warfare 3

Source: wikipedia.org
(11-22-2010, 05:13 AM)Flyby link Wrote: Yea that's a point often used, but when a game like Black Ops makes 360$ million dollars it turns a lot of heads. Its a large sum of money that can't be ignored and other developers may want to follow a similar strategy (which isn't hard to notice as there's been a stream of modern shooters coming out). Which doesn't mean just more COD style games, but may be COD style pricing for things that should be free and no argument can convince me of the need to pay 15$ for 5 maps or any other assortment of weapons, clothing, levels or what ever.

again this is just my opinion obviously people enjoy it and will always play it.

Well i never buy pointless mappacks or anything like that, i also didn't do that shit when mafia 2 tried to do the same, it's that type of tactic that turned me off the game period 8)
As long as theres a decent amount of content right out of the box for each game (Black ops is a good example,Mafia 2 wasn't especially for how long it was in development) then i have no problem in getting out 40 pound a year and buying it.
Not mw3 but world at war 2