Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

3 Easy Ways to speed up Sa-Mp
1. Defrag your harddrive(s): because your harddrive may be to unorganized to reach the files quickly thus making it lag and slow down, and possible errors.

2. Above Normal Processing: go to task manager, click the processes tab on the top, then right click gta_sa.exe, go to 'set priority' and set it to 'above normal' and not any higher. This will make it to where GTASA uses more of the available processing space on your cpu with noticable improvments to your gameplay

3. Close any unessasary programs while playing, such as MSN, Xfire, Aim, Yim, open folders, music players and such. because they will be using ram/cpu space witch will make it lag more if you do not have much

Hope This Helps -xBlueXFoxx  :9

(lol wrong forum? Just wondering.)
Excellent suggestions, bluefox.

I would like to add that it is possible to go into your system BIOS and overclock the CPU. I wouldn't recommend that for those who don't know what they're doing, lest they melt their processor.
Your second method is keeping my ping at a steady 118 d:)b
Before it used to vary from 130-180.
I will try the second suggestions, the other 2 i already know and use  :)

Thanks  ;)
How to do the first one?
(01-06-2010, 10:20 PM)Darius link Wrote: How to do the first one?

My Computer>Properties>Tools>Defragment Now...
I'd be careful with the second step tho, it might be helpful in GTA SA but in Source-engine games such as CSS, L4D, TF2, HL2 etc increasing the process priority can cause massive crashes (there's better to lower the priority or leave it on normal)
actually i use it on L4D and L4D2 and it works fine, but yeah HL2, CS, CSS, not recommended.
Niice that 2nd one really  helped, thanks :D
It hasn't really been proved that defragging your hard drive makes much of a difference :P