Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

3 Easy Ways to speed up Sa-Mp
Indeed. Normally it just starts your programs faster.
Do not defrag, unless your haddrive(s) are from like what, the year 2000?
Or, has not been formatted for 6+ years.
Else, defragment are completely useless and has a big risk of decreasing the life length of your harddrive.

What it does is;
If you delete a file on your computer (in Windows), it doesn't disappear, Windows just stops "identifying" it.
Your harddrive doesn't really increase in space, it just says so.
Because when you save a file at the same spot, it overwrites the old file.
If you don't save a file there, well then in Windows, theres a hole there.
I'll try to show this "graphically".

F = File
? = Hole

F?F?F?FFF?F?FF?F?FFF?FF?F?FFF?F

Defragment tries to move these into order.

FFFFFF???FFFFFFFFF?????????

This was usefull long ago, but the harddrives we have today takes no harm of these holes, it goes as fast as it does normally.

Also, about peoples pings.
If you were running XP with a steady ping, and now you're on Windows 7 with a jumping ping.
A service installed, called multimedia something, sends something every 5-10seconds in 10kb/s standard.
Disabling it wouldn't be the best way to go, so someone found a registry hack to do this.

The value = 10, by a hex code. If we change it to FFFFFFF, it would mean Disabled (0xffffff).

As I'm nice today, you people who are just lazy or never used regedit before, I've made a .reg file for you (If you're running Windows 7).

1. Download.
2. Double click.
3. Hit yes.
4. Reboot (so the service restarts).

And no, it's not a virus. Just open the .reg file in notepad and you'll see it's a simple export.
(04-12-2010, 06:07 PM)iou link Wrote: Also, about peoples pings.
If you were running XP with a steady ping, and now you're on Windows 7 with a jumping ping.
A service installed, called multimedia something, sends something every 5-10seconds in 10kb/s standard.
Disabling it wouldn't be the best way to go, so someone found a registry hack to do this.

The value = 10, by a hex code. If we change it to FFFFFFF, it would mean Disabled (0xffffff).

As I'm nice today, you people who are just lazy or never used regedit before, I've made a .reg file for you (If you're running Windows 7).

1. Download.
2. Double click.
3. Hit yes.
4. Reboot (so the service restarts).

And no, it's not a virus. Just open the .reg file in notepad and you'll see it's a simple export.
that one helped me alot ;)
(04-12-2010, 06:07 PM)iou link Wrote: -wall of text-
That actually works to stop the jumping ping when you're using Windows 7?! :o
(04-12-2010, 07:20 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: That actually works to stop the jumping ping when you're using Windows 7?! :o
Unless you're downloading, yes (still helps a bit though :o).
(04-12-2010, 07:43 PM)iou link Wrote: Unless you're downloading, yes (still helps a bit though :o).

:o

thanks
(04-12-2010, 06:32 AM)Matthias link Wrote: It hasn't really been proved that defragging your hard drive makes much of a difference :P

WHEN I DO ON MY VISTA OR XP : CCLEANER AND JKDEFRAG IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN STARTING-UP BUT INDEED MAYBE NOT IN THE GAMEPLAY/SPEED/ETC. LOOKIN FORWARD TO W7 (NEXT MONTH)  :w
(04-13-2010, 11:42 AM)captaint link Wrote: WHEN I DO ON MY VISTA OR XP : CCLEANER AND JKDEFRAG IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN STARTING-UP BUT INDEED MAYBE NOT IN THE GAMEPLAY/SPEED/ETC. LOOKIN FORWARD TO W7 (NEXT MONTH)  :w

Get W7 now.
Also if your PC already struggles with the game don't add Mods to it and make yourself lag worse  :roll:
Vista Antilag and Wlan Optomizer are really good programs that help in fixing lag spikes caused by Win 7 and Vista's little issue (the one iou talked about). These two have worked in fixing the issue for me up until I upgraded the drivers for my wireless card then I didn't need anymore.