Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Should I get Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?
Well as some of you may new, I'm getting a new PC (already got it :D). But now I need to know what operating system I should get.

I've already got an XP and Vista CD laying around, but Vista is apparently shit. Windows 7 looks alright, but I don't have a disc for that, and cheapest I can find is for like £134 :/

So what do you guys recommend I do? I am willing to spend the money on Windows 7, but is it really worth it?
Only ignorant fools who can't use a computer correctly believe Vista is shit. I've had Vista on this computer since I got it back in August of 2008 and I've yet to have a problem with it (aside from a few little worms that were immediately owned by my antivirus).

I'd say use what you have, man. Don't spend any extra money if you don't have it. :P
Don't listen to the hype bout W7. 'tis Vista SP3...
Win7 is the, best os ever.
(12-20-2009, 11:39 PM)Cave link Wrote: Win7 is the, best os ever.
w7 the best
I'd get Windows 7 Darius, really. I have yet to complain about anything I dislike. It's great to use, and as you can see, no other Win7 users are complaining either.
(12-21-2009, 12:54 AM)Maka link Wrote: I'd get Windows 7 Darius, really. I have yet to complain about anything I dislike. It's great to use, and as you can see, no other Win7 users are complaining either.
I don't have any complaints about Vista either, I'd go for Vista.
Some woman claimed to have come up with the idea of W7 at the back of a British taxi cab, so I don't trust it :(

I think W7 is the best choice though, has recieved the best comments and it's rare to find an MS product to be liked (there's a difference between liking a program and being used to it) let alone so popular. I've yet to see one negative view on the OS.

With XP Pro, although it's pretty clean of bugs now, it's old and some programs may stop being compatible with it before too long.

With Vista, I can't say much since I don't have it, nor have I ever had it (same for Windows 7) but with all the negative comments about it, usually I don't allow negative comments to influence me a lot but this time they have. I've only found some people who have little hate towards Vista (TEF and Matthias to name a few). But again I've not had Vista so I can't say much.

I only have the right to comment on XP but I think Windows 7 is the future, I say choose that.
(12-21-2009, 08:41 AM)Matthias link Wrote: I don't have any complaints about Vista either, I'd go for Vista.

Actually you complain alot about crashing between games. :+