Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Should I get Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7?
Since I got Vista, my pc is really slow. Never had problems with XP, and that runs a lot smoother.
Don't have any expirience with W7, so take XP.
vista is the biggest failure of microsoft ever
(12-21-2009, 11:27 AM)Kawasaki link Wrote: vista is the biggest failure of microsoft ever

bullshit

If you already have Vista, use that, Windows 7 would be a complete waste of money if you already own Vista. Simply cos W7 basically is the same as Vista SP2, just with a new skin.

And to all that Vista bashers and windows 7 fans: i bet 5 dollar that if i would change the windows 7 theme to vista's aero, nobody of you could tell the difference to the regular vista.

XP is ancient. At least don't get that.

And @ above: Win7 is oh so much more than 'vista with a reskin'.

(12-21-2009, 02:46 PM)Hitman link Wrote: And to all that Vista bashers and windows 7 fans: i bet 5 dollar that if i would change the windows 7 theme to vista's aero, nobody of you could tell the difference to the regular vista.

The search feature would actually work. Vista is bloated, uses too much memory and is overall the worst thing I have ever tried. I myself used Vista for quite a while, before installing Win7, so I'm speaking from experience.
Indeed, it's about experience and machine. You can't expect Vista to run great in a low end computer, since it's a bit machine whore. That's what happened to me: in my old PC, Vista was just crap, whereas in my actual PC the difference was drastic, althought with some errors here and there, but still, the performance difference between Win Vista and 7 is huge; it's not only about appearance :P If you ask me for my experience, I'd say Windows 7 all the way, BUT you people forgot this, and I agree with it

(12-20-2009, 10:56 PM)Darius link Wrote: Windows 7 looks alright, but I don't have a disc for that, and cheapest I can find is for like £134 :/

(12-20-2009, 10:58 PM)TEF™ link Wrote: I'd say use what you have, man. Don't spend any extra money if you don't have it. :P

That means that you could only get it genuine... 134 pounds is a bit too much. The highest price I paid for an OS was around 4 dollars, well cracked. If I were you, I wouldn't spend that much on it either, and seeing as you also have Vista, I'd recommend you to use it unless you can get a cheaper Win 7 copy
(12-21-2009, 02:51 PM)Cave link Wrote: XP is ancient. At least don't get that.

And @ above: Win7 is oh so much more than 'vista with a reskin'.

The search feature would actually work. Vista is bloated, uses too much memory and is overall the worst thing I have ever tried. I myself used Vista for quite a while, before installing Win7, so I'm speaking from experience.

search feature works fine for me ? dunno what problems u all have with Vista, i dont have any  problems while using the x64 version.. i guess the x32 one is even more "compatible" with older software.
lol Darius, i wouldnt waste another 130 pounds on an OS. i'd go for xp, so you can play MTA:Race  :7
XP, Vista and W-7 are all up to par for what I expect from a Microsoft operating system. I recommend you get what you can afford having priority with the most recent operating system.
XP, insecure OS from the stone age.
Vista, works perfect, replaced by Win 7.
Win 7, works perfect.

Why do you even think about XP and Vista?
windows7 ftw, runs perfect :)