Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA on Windows 7
(11-27-2009, 11:03 AM)Phyc0 link Wrote: I'm running GTA SA without compatibility mode now too; seemed to have lowered the ping, but not much.
I heard Microsoft contact your ISP and tell them to reduce your download speed if you're caught downloading Windows. Can anyone confirm that? :+
no, that's not true. your speed is determined by your PC specs and your connection. the windows i had before this genuine 7 was a cracked 7 and there is no difference in download speed.

e.g. with my old PC(Win XP) and the same connection i would get max 2.5-3 MB/s download, but with this new PC(Win 7) im getting max 4-4.5 MB/s download.
Torrent speed is also determined by your ISP's likeability towards torrents. Virgin for example, throttle torrent speeds most of the time.

Jealous @ XiZ, I never go above 900kb/s-1MB/s with torrents. ;<
jelus of yall, my DL speed never tops 100kbps .. gf.

[me=Jerome]/quits life[/me]
(11-27-2009, 01:03 PM)Hitman link Wrote: Phyc0 if you want a lower ping get moreĀ  upload speed + fastpath.

Fastpath makes your ping the half it is now, and more upload speed will lower it again.
I had a lower ping before I installed Windows 7 with the same upload speed as I get now... :'(

(11-27-2009, 01:12 PM)Turkey link Wrote: Utter bullshit. They have no rights to do so. If they would catch you downloading illegally MS products, they would take you to the court.
Thanks for confirming that. :P