Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...
[Image: Snowmodlogo-1.png]

You may have heard of this mod before; it's a complete mod that turns SA in to a winter wonderland.

Link

Since it's coming up to christmas time, I thought I'd post it for anyone that wants something like this in their game. I might as well post it now rather than wait nearer to Christmas, again, for the same reason. :+

The mod replaces almost every texture in the game with a snow covered replacement. Roads, buildings etc. Also includes detailed radar mod as well as SnowFX

If you are hesitant to install the snow effect thinking it may lag your game, you can still try it. There is a simple uninstaller if it does indeed lag you.

For important information regarding compatibility with SA-MP, read on.

[Image: important.png]

1. Along with the awesome visual stuff this mod contains, it also has mods for billboards, gas stations and some buildings. Some billboards are replaced with gta-action.com advertisements, others with moding websites and other shit. There is also a totally fucked up framed photo in an interior. In my own opinion, these all look pretty stupid/naff in the game, but to be honest, these are hardly noticable, especially if you are playing mainly in LV.

2. You'll notice that the link to the mod has a "GAMI" installer and a regular installer. You MUST download the GAMI version, as the regular installer WILL NOT work with SA-MP.

3. The only way this mod will work with SA-MP is if the only things replaced are the textures. Read on for a tutorial on installing this shit.

4. For some reason, the SnowFX that came with the GAMI installer just plain didn't work, so I included a link to the official SnowFX installer instead.

[Image: installing.png]

NOTE: BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE GTA FOLDER! This is the only way to remove the mod without reinstalling.

Please note that I installed cleo using the archive instead of the installer, as the installer version crashes my game on startup. Therefore, I have included the archive version in the tutorial.

1. Download GAMI from here and install it.

2. Download the GAMI verson of the snow mod from here. [Size: 609MB]

[Image: snoweffect.png]

2a. Only do this if you are installing the snowing effect also (looks great in game and is reccommended): Download CLEO4 installer from here. Run the installer.

3. Once the file has finished, open the .rar and run the .gamp file inside.

4. When the GAMI program comes up, untick everything in the left list except "Basic Textures". Click "Basic Textures" then untick "Cutscenes" as well as all interior options in the new list that comes up. Then, click install.

5. Wait for the textures to be replaced. May take a while.

6. Download SnowFX from here, and simply run the installer.

7. Fire up your game and admire the new snow! You can start the snow effect by pressing LCTRL + NumPad+ in-game. The first press starts the effect then each press thereafter increases the amount of snow falling, ranging from light snow to a blizzard.

[Image: vehiclemods.png]

Vehicle mods including the Coca-Cola Christmas truck, snowmobile and ski's can be found here.

If your game crashes after installing CLEO, post here.
Nice :)
So, anyone installed this?

If anyone has, post what you think of it. :>

Couple of screens;

[Image: snow1.png]

[Image: snow2.png]
No, but after seeing those screens, I'm going to ;)
I'm so sick of snow it's not even funny.  :X
Very nice Cave, I'm using it myself.

[Image: snow.png]
(11-25-2009, 03:03 AM)Mike link Wrote: I'm so sick of snow it's not even funny.  :X
Lol, I bet you are.
Naise Joe. \o/ Using the snowing effect or just the textures?

The snow effect also frosts parts of your screen up, looks cool. :>

Another screen; the snow at its heaviest setting :+:

[Image: snow3.png]

Another note, just installing the snow textures shouldn't lag you or cause a decrease in FPS AT ALL.
Everything works fine, snow + snow effect *O*
After seeing the screens i'm convinced.  :o