Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Anti-spam suggestion
But there are people who don't come in to spam but perhaps unintentionally end up doing so anyway, or are abusing a command that doesn't have a time limit (/world?) then it'll catch them and auto mute.

I really don't see the problem with this going in. You keep pointing out that being muted for 2 minutes or so isn't as bad as being kicked, but you haven't had the experience of getting muted a lot, even when I'm not spamming I've been caught by it (on SA-MP most of that was due to commands). And because I've learnt how annoying it is I don't spam as much as I used to on MTA Race. I still do now and then for lols but not that much. So if a player on LVP who doesn't intend to spam but gets this mute quite a bit it'll make him not wanna spam (although could have a negative impact on the server's reputation / player count, but the auto-mute can be change to suit the server).
I don't see how you can "accidentally" spam.. You either spam or not, you don't accidentally click up and enter 20 times. And afaik you won't get kicked if you spam commands, you can't constantly use them anyway. Not to mention getting a mute doesn't affect your ability to use commands.

Sure I have been muted before and yes it's annoying. But I prefer being muted for 2 minutes than being kicked.

Seeing we have the auto-kick for spam in place, I see no reason to add this.
(12-13-2009, 04:36 PM)Richard link Wrote: I don't see how you can "accidentally" spam.. You either spam or not, you don't accidentally click up and enter 20 times. And afaik you won't get kicked if you spam commands, you can't constantly use them anyway. Not to mention getting a mute doesn't affect your ability to use commands.

On my server it stops you from being able to spam commands. And I don't mean you accidentally press up arrow and enter 20 times, but I mean if you trigger the auto-mute it'll get really annoying after a while, making you think twice before you decide to spam, or think twice before you abuse commands such as /world (it'll be a good anti-lame thing too).

(12-13-2009, 04:36 PM)Richard link Wrote: Sure I have been muted before and yes it's annoying. But I prefer being muted for 2 minutes than being kicked.

As said countless of times now, getting muted for 2 minutes or even 10 minutes once or twice is nothing compared to losing all props and weapons, but I don't know about now but when I was last on LVP every crash meant I lost my props and spawn weapons, along with the 1-4 million I spent on the weapons and another 14 mil on props.

But ignoring the fact that one may have lots of props and weapons, the people who usually world abuse and stuff don't usually have a good use of spawn weapons since they run at the sight of a gun so they won't get mad at using them, but mad because they can't use /world for a while.
But we don't have it "mute" your commands. And being constantly kicked for spamming is nice? :P

I still don't agree with that. Sure crashing makes you lose it, doesn't make it nice though.

World abuse is a whole different issue. We don't have a restriction on command usage by a mute.
(12-13-2009, 05:12 PM)Richard link Wrote: But we don't have it "mute" your commands. And being constantly kicked for spamming is nice? :P

I know you don't have it to mute your commands, but on my original server the auto-mute stops the player from using commands, making it even more annoying, and so being blocked from using commands can be annoying, no where near a kick, no, but once it happens a lot it can be annoying, making the player think before he spams OR abuses commands.

(12-13-2009, 05:12 PM)Richard link Wrote: I still don't agree with that. Sure crashing makes you lose it, doesn't make it nice though.

I never said it was nice, I said when we crash we lose our weapons and sometimes our properties too, unless the savehandler has been fixed, and so being kicked makes no to little difference to a crash except for the fact that a kick means you've broken rules which for some people is the worst thing in the world (has an effect on their wishes to become Admin :P).

(12-13-2009, 05:12 PM)Richard link Wrote: World abuse is a whole different issue. We don't have a restriction on command usage by a mute.

I know world abuse is a different issue, but since this suggestion is obviously going nowhere I thought while on the subject of auto-mute, it could be used to tackle world abuse. Of course you don't have a restriction on command usage by a mute, that's why I'm suggesting this, I wouldn't suggest something that exists, would I? Okay maybe you can restrict that mute to the /world command or perhaps other abusable commands, but not all (would get annoying when selling properties or withdrawing multiple sums of money to upgrade the bank and such).

The auto-mute for spam is just getting denied no matter how much effort I put into trying to get it put in, but at least think about the auto-mute for command abuse for those that can and does get used to evade deaths.
We have have several commands which can stop players from teleporting and the likes. We can set it in their profiles, if people world abuse a lot, they teleporting rights could be withdrawn.
What good is losing teleport rights if they world abuse a lot? Okay yeah they could combine both /world and /tp to abuse, but they can still just /world straight away and go to another /world, or the normal one, and right back away again. With an auto-mute, they can't just go straight back out.

Only problem is I don't know what the time limit where one can /world again before getting muted, and how many one can one use the /world command before triggering the mute. Perhaps 3 /world uses in 10 seconds? or 5 in 20 seconds?
Changing worlds is basically teleporting and is included in the commands.

(12-14-2009, 09:42 PM)Munch link Wrote: Only problem is I don't know what the time limit where one can /world again before getting muted, and how many one can one use the /world command before triggering the mute. Perhaps 3 /world uses in 10 seconds? or 5 in 20 seconds?

If they world abuse they will wait a bit before they do it again, they need to move away from the attacker first.
Fine fine I seriously don't see any problem with this whatsoever but you seem to look at it as if someone put a gun to your head and told you to deny it so just forget about it.