Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Anti-spam suggestion
(12-11-2009, 06:09 PM)Richard link Wrote: Kick > mute

How is kick worse than mute? Look at it this way. You get kicked from the server, what do you do? You just come right back on. If you get muted, you got to wait it out. If you quit and come back, unless unregistered, it'll stick and perhaps have increased time. And so people can't speak for a while.

You lose your properties / spawns etc.

Or when we follow your suggestion, we should kick people for not speaking English or so, and when they rejoin and do it again, we mute them!
(12-11-2009, 07:28 PM)Richard link Wrote: You lose your properties / spawns etc.

Or when we follow your suggestion, we should kick people for not speaking English or so, and when they rejoin and do it again, we mute them!

Maybe have it sort of registered so they get muted first, and recieve like 2-3 mutes then after that, auto-kicks?
You mean auto-mute them when they speaking another language?
No I mean for spamming.

In my main server if you say too many lines of text in a short amount of time (about 5-8 seconds) you get auto mute for 30 seconds, and quitting just increases it. Problem with that is it also detects command spam as spam too, so if you use /tp like 3-4 times straight away you get muted too (don't think it was intentional).

The server rarely gets spammers but when it does this can help. And perhaps you can change it to auto-mute racial slurs or something but my original suggestion was for just spam.
That's the autokick right now, or at least it should be in. I suppose it still works too that it gets increases when you leave.
Yeah sort of the way the jail system works. If you try to evade your jail time, more time is added on. Try to evade a ban, more time added on.

On MTA DM I think they had planned a kick that would keep the player out for a set amount of time, like 30 minutes, like a semi-ban, but I don't think that ever happened and certainly not in SA-MP. So once the rule breaker gets kicked he just comes back in, sure he loses properties and spawn weapons, but to lose your rights to talk, and lose them a lot, is really annoying (trust me on this one :)).
I'd rather shut up for 2 mins then lose all my stuff which I have to rebuy :P
You say that now but try getting that a lot, it gets really annoying.

And being kicked you lose your properties, but for minor spamming this can be a small warning, or for people abusing /me and such they get muted, and some of the people who come on the server just to spam won't have properties so kicking will mean nothing to them. Okay yeah if they come just to spam then you ban them but there could be new players coming on, not meaning to spam but go over the top in a short amount of time, the auto-mute will catch them.
Minor spamming doesn't get you autokicked, the ingame crew will warn you for that. If they come to spam, we get rid of them at once with the kick rather than them being muted for 2 minutes after which they can continue.