Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Anti-spam suggestion
I got an idea how to cut down on the spam (although spam isn't that often on the server lately)

Auto mute! If someone says like 5 lines in say 10 seconds, regardless of words in the lines, they get auto muted for a set amount of time (30 seconds for example)

The downside to that is when someone who types really fast gets caught in the mute, like when TEF chants to songs or something...but saying 5 lines of lyrics in 10 seconds is insane so that shouldn't catch him.
We have an autokick for that.
But auto kick is small...if you get kicked you can come straight back on. With auto mute you got to wait out your time, which will be longer than rejoining from a kick.
Auto kick is way more annoying though. But I can agree it's better.. especially with the small player count. If a management member agrees, it'll happen :+.
(11-20-2009, 07:38 AM)Matthias link Wrote: Auto kick is way more annoying though. But I can agree it's better.. especially with the small player count. If a management member agrees, it'll happen :+.

Oh believe me after a couple weeks you won't say that :) I should know (Nudie too)
*Double Post / Bump*

So...uhm...what's happening with this? Auto mute is a lot more annoying than auto kick trust me.
Let's wait for a lead dev/management member to reply :+.
Yeah that's what am doin but it was at the top an getting ignored so if I posted again it'll (hopefully) get noticed.
*Double Post* *BUMP*

Damn estroe say yes to this so Jay can tell the idea to the script!
Kick > mute