Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Can not connect on mIRC...

Lmfao dude, seriously, how in the hell will that help?
(11-10-2009, 07:05 AM)Matthias link Wrote: .. How can you join a channel when not being on an IRC server? -.-

shoru: try adding an exception on Firewall
It does not work Matthias, btw thanks for all your posts wich you try to help me and forgive me for all childish old things.
This is for all LVP ers...
(11-10-2009, 08:23 PM)shoru link Wrote: It does not work Matthias, btw thanks for all your posts wich you try to help me and forgive me for all childish old things.

God is with us! HE is on OUR side! Shoru can't connect to IRC, then the forum AND FINALLY INGAME! SAVIOUR IS UPON US.

Oh and I had this problem. You need to delete all IRC files, then re-install, including all back ups. and in AppData.
(11-10-2009, 08:53 PM)Jordi link Wrote: Oh and I had this problem. You need to delete all IRC files, then re-install, including all back ups. and in AppData.

OR try adding it to Firewall exceptions first.

Shoru, what firewall do you use? With ZoneAlarm I sometimes have to manually enable things as it won't ask me for everything.
Same thing is happening to me too, since around the end of october i get the same message as you. I usually use Colloquy on OS X and also tried mIRC on Windows but both don't connect. I tried all different kind of settings on my Router (Sitecom WL-183) including disabling the Firewall (although it used to work before under the exact same settings) but nothing seems to work. Only thing i haven't tried if it works without the router inbetween. I still need to test that. :P
(11-10-2009, 08:23 PM)shoru link Wrote: It does not work Matthias, btw thanks for all your posts wich you try to help me and forgive me for all childish old things.
Heh no problem.

Hm try using another mIRC client? (Mibbit)
Try connecting directly to a server IP instead of a hostname, 85.17.97.63 (Triton), 94.75.198.6 (Maple) or 204.8.223.240 (Tractor).
Thanks Wesley using the IP seems to work for me now. :)
Check this out.

Also, if you have a firewall enabled try adding mirc.exe to the "allowed" or "Unblocked" list whatever your firewall calls it.

I have COMODO Firewall Pro, all I did was click on "Define a new trusted application" browsed my running processes and added mirc.exe

gl