Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

The bistro!
I like this idea still. Just had internet problems and laziness problems that stopped me from posting it.  8)7

+1
OMG LOOK IT'S THAT FUCKING AWESOME GUY WITH THE EPIC AVATAR!

anywho, I already have acces to Liberty City >:)

I'd love it if you'd actually have to fly through some corona hidden somewhere aboce SA though <3
Kudos...

But... Don't make it an ammunation. The bistro should be (as said before) a relaxing place.
Placing a Sodamachine perhaps?

Another question since we are talking about LC here. I know the scenery of Liberty City is not solid.
But is it possible to place objects, like in, for instance, a 'mapzone' to create a more appealing area to go to?

Regardosza

Dafydd
(09-17-2009, 02:35 PM)OmfgUrANoob link Wrote: But is it possible to place objects, like in, for instance, a 'mapzone' to create a more appealing area to go to?

That's possible, yes. But with the amount of objects you need, it'd most likely be laggy.
You don't need that many objects, do you?

just some flat surfaces right below the roads and you've got yourself some solid roads :D
exactly,

that is what I meant, or some bunny track I dunno.
goodluck :)

Dafydd
The visible city doesn't extend much past the solid city. Adding more objects wouldn't serve much purpose.
(09-17-2009, 04:03 PM)Twilight link Wrote: You don't need that many objects, do you?

just some flat surfaces right below the roads and you've got yourself some solid roads :D

Meh, it's really not that easy. First of all, it's a bitch to get every object to fit the existing non-solid objects. There are a lot of buildings too, it would be weird if only the roads were solid. Secondly, there's a lot of rotation and oddly shapen objects that are hard to replace. And finally there are problems with positioning the objects due to the way GTA handles objects. Check the image below; if you place the object as close to the non-solid road as possible, there's a lot of annoying flickering on your screen; The two objects seem to fight with each other over which one is displayed on screen. If you want to avoid the flickering, you have to place it a few centimeters lower, causing your feet to disappear.

[Image: ?f=wwxmj4XXdg.png]

It's probably possible to do a half-decent approach, but it would require lots of work and an insane amount of objects. Every building needs multiple objects, because no building is completely squared.

If you look at the next screen, there's a lot of different shapes on the non-solid objects:
[Image: ?f=H73ok6ugSC.png]

It's really hard to recreate the stairs, would require a lot of small objects. And you have to repeat it about 5 times, because there are a lot of stairs. The total object count for this building alone would be more than 40 I guess.

The last problem is that LC is just not finished, there's a lot of 'nothing' everywhere. That's the least of the problems I guess, you could just add a big building:
[Image: ?f=PTMTVgclBp.png]

If I knew it was possible I would give it a try, even if it was a lot of work, but I don't think it's worth even giving it a try ;(
Totally forgot, I do like the original idea :+ +1 from me!
So bascially you're making the Bistro into something better than the VIP room, which is a reward for people who actually pay real money... Interesting....

Certain people here should never run a business :P   

As for the mapping of LC, trying to get solid ground etc, I've attemtpted it myself and know of a few other people who have and I've never seen it done.  Not saying that it can't, but that high up you need alot of solid floating objects which last time i checked (2 years ago) was limited to a few objects for the whole server, making it pretty impossible.

Of course things might of changed, but I really think its not going to happen.  Its more of a dream.  Its a shame but its just one of those things that you just have to let go.