Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Should the pickups be changed to stop so much refilling in fights?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES!!!!
75.00%
33 75.00%
erm please no im a noob
25.00%
11 25.00%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll about Pickups
(09-11-2009, 10:16 AM)James link Wrote: Why dont they create like a mini menu like the one in ammunation only just containing health and armour where all the pickups are, that would mean you have to stand there for atleast 5-10 seconds and also you would have to pay for them that way noobs cant abuse it and you cant just keep running through them constantly.

That would still be prone to abuse, the same way /taxi and /dive are.

Players about to die can write the command, alt tab out of the game... COme bakc and quickly select an option and be refilled.

With /taxi they do the command then alt tab, come back a few seconds later when they're immediatly teleported away, and during this time they're invulnerable since they're alt tabbed.

(09-11-2009, 11:14 AM)Hitman link Wrote: another cool idea would be to do something like  /getarmour and  /gethealth, both commands costing 2,5 million each. (and due to that option, removing all other health/armour pickups besides the ship one)

Also prone to abuse, unless a time limit is on it like with the tele commands.
Money is too easy to make, and the lamers normally have a lot of it anyway, so they'd not have a problem using /getarmour or /gethealth  that is unless there is a time limit between uses. If there is a time limit that it would be a nice addition to the suggestion i made.
It wouldnt really be that prone to lamers, because regardless they would still have to wait to get through the menu which would make them extremely vulnerable to people shooting them while they stand waiting for their armour.  You could even also add a feature that checks their health and only allows for armour and health if its genuinely low.  And to be honest nearly any solution to this can still be abused, there is not one thing other than removing them completely that will erase the abuse.
I thought players were invincible while they had a menu opened.
My suggestion, changing the pickups to type 15, would only allow the player to use the pickup 1 time.

So lets say theres 5 pickups. A player can only use those 5 once each. Then they only spawn back when the player dies.

It would mean people would only refill if its needed. Rather than refilling every 30-60 seconds because they picked a fight with someone better.

A refil menu can be abused by the way i said before, doing the command, then alt tabbing for a few seconds, then selecting an option.. Or they can do what they always do and run into the sex shop, then they can use it in there.

If theres no constant refill, they'll either have to quit playing, or face up to the fact that they're not that good at all.

(09-11-2009, 02:46 PM)Twilight link Wrote: I thought players were invincible while they had a menu opened.

Thats only if the player is set to TogglePlayerControllable(playerid, 0);

Which is what the ammunation spawn weaps menu does.

If i remember right, it was that way for taxi too, before in 2.7 or early in 2.8 but then it got changed so that you could still move and control your skin, and take damage while toggling through the menu.

Obviously now its completely different, no menu.

EDIT: Just got a PM form estroe, he said... Tell them noobs to all click YES!! or they get banned and their plus points set to 0.

Nah he didnt really, but it would be nice  >:)
I agree with you SAFC, but not at everything.

I certanly don't want it as it is now, with there being certain players constantly running between the two pickups near sexshop. And it takes them about 30-60 sec's to get between them, meaning they can refill, over and over and over, etc.
But I still don't want the pickups to only spawn once every time you die.

So I was thinking something about a timer to spawn the pickups, so they'd spawn less often than they are at this point, maybe something like every 5th minute. This way, if someone refills, you can also refill, and if you're quick enough to kill him (5 minutes is more than you usually need for a 1-1) that person will only be able to refill once. And if you're getting ganged, and you manage to stay alive long enough, you can still refill.

I don't know if it's possible to do what I suggested above, and I think it have great potential to bug like hell :X But, I think it could be cool.

But I also agree with you, I'd rather have them respawning once every time you die, than having it they way it's now, with people running straight between two pickups to avoid dying.
I don't think pickups are flexable enough for that in samp.

Theres a few bugs surrounding certain pickup functions.

And how many wIF, DLF, HR and GB type players would survive upto 5 minutes without  needing to refil atleast...40 - 60 times... Exaggeration? Doubt it. Not when you combine the amount of times each of them do it every 30-60 seconds..

But im half expecting some smart arse to work it out to prove me wrong  :)
another option would simply be staying away from the sexshop - since thats the only location where those noobs usually are.
Who's refilling of wIF, SAFC?
I didn't have internet for a week, but I'm working on it.

No need for the poll, it's going to be done.
(09-11-2009, 07:56 PM)Matthias link Wrote: I didn't have internet for a week, but I'm working on it.

No need for the poll, it's going to be done.

Awesome... The moment i see this in LVP. Matthais will be rewarded with a HUGE kiss. (with tongues)...

estroe owes me a favour... lol

(09-11-2009, 07:19 PM)Exquiza link Wrote: Who's refilling of wIF, SAFC?

it was Solid_Rock, he was in along side some other nerd refilling every 30-60 seconds or running into interiors.