Las Venturas Playground
Poll about Pickups - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Poll about Pickups (/thread-20473.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Poll about Pickups - SAFC - 09-10-2009

Alright i started a suggestion about this in CSI, it seemed promising. Then two updates have gone by and it still hasn't been done.

Nobody was given a chance to have their say about it, they wouldnt open the topic for all to discuss.

So im posting a poll to let you guys vote on what you want when you play LVP, its unofficial of course, since im nor an admin/ management or dev of LVP. This is purely out of interest.

So. Each time a pickup is created it is given a type... At the moment the pickups are "Type 2". This means they respawn for the player after around 30 - 60 seconds.

My suggestion is to change the pickups to "Type 15". This would mean they don't respawn until the player dies.

For example. You pickup the armour refill at the noob spawn point. It won't respawn for you until you die.

The pickups i suggest this happen to are the health and armour pickups near the noob spawn point.
The two armour pickups near the ship.
The health pickup outside of ammunation south LV.
And finally the armour and health pickups on the strip, Armour near 4 dragons, and the health near the elcilator stairs.

The Fight Club, The Ship, The GangBase, and the refills outside of LV should remain the same. Respawning every 30-60 seconds.

Now if you are wondering how you would refill?

Well, you can either goto the fight club, ammunation, or any of the sprunk machines or food shops.
This method would mean fights are based more on skill than who refills the most.

Its pointless fighting if you are jsut going to refill over and over. It gets boring, and its lame.

If you are unsure still about what im suggesting let me know and i'll try and clear it up as best i can.

Vote are accepted, reasons with the votes are prefered.

Thanks.

PS. My vote is YES of course

Re: Poll about Pickups - Hitman - 09-10-2009

the pickups are fine imo, and i believe a dev said that in the next major update (2.91 maybe?) will be a /duel command or something like that.

The pickups can stay imo, because the people fighting near to them are usually just players who try to get some easy kills to boost their ratio, for example at the sexshop.

and for "serious" fights (for which a laggy server like LVP isnt the best choice) there is the FC, and soon probably a duel command.

edit: tbh i gotta admit i didnt read more then the first few sentences - after reading it all, the option that pickups respawn right after your own death and are available seems fine for me.

Re: Poll about Pickups - Darkfire - 09-10-2009

I totally agree, would take a lot more skills to win fights, people usally just refill over and over, like som retards in the retard clans. +1 for this.

Re: Poll about Pickups - SAFC - 09-10-2009

(09-10-2009, 12:06 PM)Hitman link Wrote: the pickups are fine imo, and i believe a dev said that in the next major update (2.91 maybe?) will be a /duel command or something like that.

The pickups can stay imo, because the people fighting near to them are usually just players who try to get some easy kills to boost their ratio, for example at the sexshop.

and for "serious" fights (for which a laggy server like LVP isnt the best choice) there is the FC, and soon probably a duel command.

Its not about removing them, its just changing the way they work. Instead of spawning over and over. The used pickup will only respawn after the player dies. Alternatives are ammunation, shops and sprunk machines.

Player would have to be more picky about when they refill, instead of taking it for granted.

yea, alerady edited my previous post accordingly, you just replied to quick, you didnt see :)

Re: Poll about Pickups - HoldeN - 09-10-2009

+1

(09-10-2009, 12:15 PM)Holden link Wrote: +1

Yo mate, is your avatar out of the movie How High?  Looks pretty familiar to me, but i haven't watched that movie for quite some time now, so im not entirely sure.

Re: Poll about Pickups - StickZ - 09-10-2009

def a + not 1 not 2 but 3+, +++

Re: Poll about Pickups - g3344 - 09-10-2009

(09-10-2009, 12:14 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Its not about removing them, its just changing the way they work. Instead of spawning over and over. The used pickup will only respawn after the player dies. Alternatives are ammunation, shops and sprunk machines.

Player would have to be more picky about when they refill, instead of taking it for granted.

heres what I think will happen.

/world 65 /setspawn /kill /world 0 refill

Re: Poll about Pickups - Maddolis - 09-10-2009

(09-10-2009, 11:56 AM)SAFC link Wrote: The pickups i suggest this happen to are the health and armour pickups near the noob spawn point.
The two armour pickups near the ship.
The health pickup outside of ammunation south LV.
And finally the armour and health pickups on the strip, Armour near 4 dragons, and the health near the elcilator stairs.

The Fight Club, The Ship, The GangBase, and the refills outside of LV should remain the same. Respawning every 30-60 seconds.

Couldn't agree more.