Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: What do you prefer ? (both with equivalent config)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
An iMac
11.11%
2 11.11%
A homemade PC
88.89%
16 88.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Wanna know more bout' "homemade-PCs" ! [I know what to do now, thanks guys !]
Would any stores from the UK like scan.co.uk or ebuyer.com ship to France? If not, what places do?

The_XXI, what are your current computer specs? And if you are building a comp, what will you be using from your old comp?
Best piece of advice i can give you as a computar builder is that if u wanna future proof ur shit, the most important part is ur mobo cuz with a good mother board u can always upgrade your other parts later when they get super cheap. There's some general things you need to outline before going into specific parts.

You gotta choose what CPU ur going with: Intel or AMD, which processor line and what socket type that line uses.

Figure what kind of memory you want to use: Whether you want the more expensive faster memory or a type that's within ur budget.

Figure what kind of Harddisk you want to use: Sata is what is used nowadays . . . well, lets face it some motherboards dont even come with ide connectors anymore *tear* *sob*. What RPM HDD you wanna use (7200 is average 10k if you wanna build some sort of hardcore gaming machine. People swear they can tell the difference, but i dont really tell. Course i'm not much of a gamer anymorez. And yes, i have both.) And if ur a rich kid you can get solid state, ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL.

then you can figure out ur graphics card (PCI Express of course. Only old fools like myself still run AGP). Something within ur budget. The uber shit nowadays gets cheaper down the road. upgrade at your leisure. And may i put myself in personal danger and say FUCK RUNNING CRYSIS ON HIGH! Nerds.

My main gaming PC is still my 6 year old P4 machine and now i run an 80sum dollar processor that was 1000+ dollars dream processor when i built my system, har har har, runs sweeeeeet.

But i bought the top of the line motherboard from back then. You don't gotta do top of the line, but get a decent motherboard. IT'S THE EFFING MOTHERBOARD. Mommy is very important.
Now, now TRaven. Don't scare 'em back into buying a Mac.  :+
So guys, I defenetely go on an homemade PC ! I called a french company, LDLC, and something with

-ASUSTeK P6T (Intel X58 Express) - ATX - for the motherboard
-Intel Core i7 920 - Quad Core Socket 1366 QPI 4.8 GT/s Cache L3 8 Mo 0.045 m - for the processor
-Western Digital Caviar SE16 640 Go 7200 RPM 16 Mo Serial ATA II - for the hard drive
-Corsair XMS3 Platinium "Triple Channel" 6 Go (kit 3x 2 Go) DDR3-SDRAM PC10600 CL9 - for the RAM
-Sapphire VAPOR-X HD 4890 - 1 Go HDMI/DVI - PCI Express (ATI Radeon HD 4890) - for the video RAM
-Corsair HX520W - Alimentation 520W ATX 12V 2.2/EPS 12V - for the power

(with some others stuff and the whole computer build by the company)  (and maybe things gonna evolve, cause I dunno if I will save more money or not, but this first config seems to be great !!!!)

FOR ONLY 1 237€ !!!!!!!!!! I took my HP for more XD and it's a poor shitty PC !!!

Wow, I'm so happy, I'll will save my money as hell (and trust I have to, I'm down in the red on my bank account...) !! So so happy, I can't imagine how my GTA IV will run :D !!!! My videos gonna have a damn quality, so awesome !!!!! A quad core, 6 Go RAM and a f**king 4890 (but I know that another graphic card will come out in september so may be I should wait a lil bit... dunno) !!

Guys, what do you advice me to take as, I dunno, maybe fans, and housing, and do you know if the apple keyboards and mouses can be adapted on PCs ?

EDIT : Cloakster and TRaven (and everybody BTW XD), what do you think about this first config I've chose ?
You just can't get away from macs, can you?  :P

There are reports of people plugging apple keyboards into their PCs and having it work just fine.
Haha you know, Apple is so beautiful, so nice !! The first reason why I wanted to have a Mac was the design :D ! Aren't they so fresh ??

...Nice so I will take the beautiful Apple keyboard  !!!! I love it :D !

EDIT : And lite keys are more easy to type on, on big keys I'm not fast, I heard people who said that the Apple keyboard was the best thing where they typed on !