Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Guideline: Gaming-PC for your budget!
For the € 1000 PC, I would remove the 2 GF275's, and add 1 GF285.
It's cheaper, less power consuming, and not even that slower.

Also, if I have to choose: remove the slow HDD, or at least, not as primary, and add a 80 GB Intel X25-M Postvile MLC SSD or 60 GB OCZ Vertex MLC SSD as bootdisk, including the game installations, and additional add a normal HDD for storage.
You can't really put in an SSD in a 1000€ gaming rig - especially not the new Intel Postville ones, more like SuperTalent Ultradrives.

About the SLI/CF thing your right, i was already thinking, but the _gaming power_ is higher with 2 GTX 275er then with one 285 and an 32GB windows partition SSD.

An intel postville would kill too much money, especially because SSDs dont really give you gaming power - its just boosting your  startup time, program starts and reducing  loading times of game-levels, but you wont have a noticable FPS increase, trust me, i got an SSD in my laptop and had an HDD in there before - its awesome for programs etc but no difference for gaming, besides that levels are loading a lot faster.

Besides that, SLI works pretty fine since the 180 series of nvidia drivers. SLI is much better and more efficient than CrossFire, and Nvidia also managed to reduce micro stutters (the main reason why multi-gpu got critizised) to a minimum, while they are still noticable with ATI drivers.
nice listings!
I got some as well that I posted on another forum but they in UK £ currency :P
Good Job!!!!
Updated shizzle ~
Looking good Hitman, very usefull. But i think you should put a better gpu in the first one, just higher the budget to 500 or something.
(08-20-2009, 11:40 PM)Jordi link Wrote: So uem. What if we have €5000 to burn off?  :+

Then you'd do what Hitman said and look into Alienware.

Nice guide Hitman :) I'll keep lookin at this when I go to build a new pc. This one has another 6 months in it I think....maybe it needs an upgraded Motherboard but that's about it for now.
(10-15-2009, 10:18 PM)taxiDominator link Wrote: Looking good Hitman, very usefull. But i think you should put a better gpu in the first one, just higher the budget to 500 or something.

Thx but i think i'll keep it this way, but i'll maybe edit the startpost changing the 450€ one into  one 400€ and one 500€ PC - i'll edit the thread this weekend  again :)

Thanks for your comments :)
some nice stuff hitman

my fav comp geek <3
what amd cpu would compete with i7 920?