Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Again the freezing PC :-/
that depends on your other specs, if you have a super great epic awesome videocard, and a crappy old CPU, the video card will simply be a waste of money.
(07-24-2009, 03:09 PM)Twilight link Wrote: that depends on your other specs, if you have a super great epic awesome videocard, and a crappy old CPU, the video card will simply be a waste of money.

AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+
2.01 Ghz , 448 MB of ram , and i dont think that i have video card in this PC..Cuz this pc wasn't meant to be for games lul , how do i check for video card
Go to the start menu, click run, type: dxdiag, go to the display tab and tell us what it says for 'name' and 'chip type'.

For your problem, no PC will freeze from the hardware being to slow to run the game so it must be something else.
Name: NVIDIA business platform
Chip type : C51
lol, its probably on-board, which would explain your crappy performance ingame.
Your problem is your CPU and RAM. I have the same problem on my old computer. My RAM is also 446 MB; this indicates your graphics card is onboard as well (however that's insignificant, it's NOT the source of your problem). More than likely it is the RAM, but your CPU is also lacking. Due to it being a single core processor the game will be hogging the power whilst NOD32 wants some to update. This is where a dual core/multi core comes in handy.

In other words: update your shit.
For sa-mp, its definitely the RAM and the video card. I've run sa-mp maxed out on a AMD64 3200+, 1GB DDR400, 7600GT with no lag at all, so it can't be the CPU.
yh, it's defiantly the RAM and your graphics card, get a new ram strip and a new graphics card that's outside of the PC and make sure your power supply can handle the new parts