Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] More /maps.
Hey, I only found this out recently but there a few /maps. (/map 0 - /map 4)
The problem with this is that most of em are either shit, or bugged/half-finished.
Now I asked estroe about this and he said its possible. I'm sure some of you have seen some of the maps people have made with objects. Heres just some :
Small Jungle map - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpLn_rdc1Mk
Atlantis, 2057 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-TiBrn41vQ

Now many of these creators have already publicly released their maps so I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you used them. Also, if you want to use a MTA map you can still use it on SA-MP. You just have to use a seperate program which changes the format of the map so it can be used on SA-MP.(I think you do anyway)

I think it would be so cool if you added these to other worlds, and theres also that interior some guy did of that skyscraper which you wanted to make a VIP room or something. That could also be in another virtual world.

I hope you guys consider it, it would really make the server more interesting. People could use the maps for filming movies, chilling or doing like DMs etc.

Edit: This post is my 1337th. Further proof that we need this on LVP.
I'm all for this.

As said, map 3 was pretty bugged for both Darius and me. It worked for [TC]Eddy, but we didn't see some stuff. Some things were disapearing too.

I'd like to see more as well.
I agree. I'll try to find a few nice maps soon, but if anyone has a link to a cool map, or wants to make one, feel free too, if it's nice enough we'll put it in!

I'll take a look at map 3, only problem that stuff was disappearing?
That's the problem with too many objects, it loads incredibly slow which leads into stuff not appearing unless you get out of your car.
Map 1 (I think, the downhill one) you need to get out pretty often to load the objects.
(06-30-2009, 08:51 AM)Joe link Wrote: Map 1 (I think, the downhill one) you need to get out pretty often to load the objects.

That too, indeed.

(06-30-2009, 06:47 AM)Wesley link Wrote: I'll take a look at map 3, only problem that stuff was disappearing?

Darius said he saw some boxes moving(you have to use 3 boxes in order to get really starting) and we both missed the highest box, making us unable to even start properly. I haxed our way up there, but normally that wouldn't be possible. And at the end(or where it somehow ended because the rest didn't load I think) you had to jump from pole to pole. When Darius jumped towards the first pole, it disappeared and he fell down, when he was past it, it came back and I almost fell of my chair laughing :') When I jumped, it was there and I "finished" the track.

Oh, and, somewhere halfway(I can show you later) you have to jump to another side but that's like 2 or 3 times the maximum you can jump, so I think something is missing there too.
yeah that was pretty bullshit lol. it just HAS to dissapear as I jump onto it.
And I'll try looking for some maps, theres a good few maps on MTA forums. You should try official samp forums too.
Just check that, theres alot of good ones:
http://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewforum.php?f=93

I'm guessing the developers/admins can choose which ones they want/are able to put in the virtual worlds (just check out Satans massive robot and spongebob o_O)
I could make some maps depending what kind of map you guys want.

Wow.. I just noticed "map 0". I made that map with Jay and some other guy, seems I didn't get any credit for it.
^ The map was originally made for Jay's server "ww3" but it failed and then he said he's gonna continue with LVP work so I guess he just put it in LVP.

Not sure with "map 1/2/3" seeing as the objects wouldn't load.
I have a nice Alcatrez map :D http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=16904.0
I love these map additions, I use the Atlantis map on my server and Spongebot (Credit to SATAN). But what I hate about these created objects, you can't duel properly on them, you just kind of slide around. But LVP could definitely use some maps, would be awesome if all the known scripters around LVP would collaborate and create a map, I'd participate. :D

But, just imagine how bad it would lag with all those objects. ;(