Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Michael Jackson died today
rest in peace.
(06-27-2009, 03:06 PM)NjCrother$ link Wrote: okay tell me this, what profit would the media or any affiliated company gain from calling MJ a pedo, it wasnt the media that filed the law suit's it was simply the media that publisized them, i know what ur getting at, becasue i hate the cross-media's stronghold of the iggnorant masses as well, but i assure you, Michael Jackson almost being convicted of child molester is no trick of the media. What would they have to gain, let me rephrase that, what would ANYONE have to gain (other than maybe a kid trying to earn a quick fortune)

He made some awsome, nay, legendary music, but theres no doubting the fact that Michael Jackson was really really really fucked up in the head. I would love to see an arguement for Michael Jacksons sanity.

You honestly believe that media doesn't ever gain from creating tabloid-esque news? The number of hits, sells, and etc., doesn't effect a website/newspaper revenue?

News of the weird, or over the top sells, if you can sell bad news your making bank, and thats why you have channels reporting anything that may be seen as controversial or horrible.

It sells.
(06-27-2009, 09:46 PM)Flyby link Wrote: You honestly believe that media doesn't ever gain from creating tabloid-esque news? The number of hits, sells, and etc., doesn't effect a website/newspaper revenue?

News of the weird, or over the top sells, if you can sell bad news your making bank, and thats why you have channels reporting anything that may be seen as controversial or horrible.

It sells.

QFT.

By the way, the effects of Michael's death when it happened were clear - he almost took the internet with him.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael-J...5170.shtml
You Know I'm Bad, I'm Bad
Come On, You Know
And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once Again!

His music was great, hes a legend.
(06-27-2009, 09:46 PM)Flyby link Wrote: You honestly believe that media doesn't ever gain from creating tabloid-esque news? The number of hits, sells, and etc., doesn't effect a website/newspaper revenue?

It sells.

Except that newspapers don't make a profit. In the U.K. the only newspaper that does make a profit is The Sun. And all the newspapers and TV networks and news programmes are run by the same people anyway. Reuters has the entire world's mass media by the balls. The media definately have an agenda when they cover anything, but it isn't direct profit through sales and viewings. It's job is to keep everyone blind and worshipping and serving the status quo. How exactly does massive coverage of MJ's death achieve this? I don't know, The Lord works in mysterious ways...
[Image: Mugshot__michael-jackson.jpg]
no offence but everytime they put a picture like this , it creeps me out , and u could tell he colored his eye brows (no homo)
(06-27-2009, 11:51 PM)Ph03n1x link Wrote: Except that newspapers don't make a profit. In the U.K. the only newspaper that does make a profit is The Sun. And all the newspapers and TV networks and news programmes are run by the same people anyway. Reuters has the entire world's mass media by the balls. The media definately have an agenda when they cover anything, but it isn't direct profit through sales and viewings. It's job is to keep everyone blind and worshipping and serving the status quo. How exactly does massive coverage of MJ's death achieve this? I don't know, The Lord works in mysterious ways...

cept in america they do make profit, and the sun looks to be a tabloid type paper. As well, why would they cover his death? I don't know maybe because here in America again, this stuff sells, and this is the biggest entertainer the world has ever seen, this aint a musician that had a niche fan base.
The Sun is fucking scum.
(06-28-2009, 12:14 AM)Flyby link Wrote: cept in america they do make profit, and the sun looks to be a tabloid type paper. As well, why would they cover his death? I don't know maybe because here in America again, this stuff sells, and this is the biggest entertainer the world has ever seen, this aint a musician that had a niche fan base.
true +1 :P