Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

No , im saying blu ray has better quality picture , and thats what matters , cause we all want the best quality pic off a console. And for movies , same.
(07-03-2009, 06:32 AM)Sean3 link Wrote: No , im saying blu ray has better quality picture , and thats what matters , cause we all want the best quality pic off a console. And for movies , same.

As i said, the blu ray player is not going to affect the picture quality of the games. The movies are only better cuz it can hold a movie with a video bitrate of 30+ mbit/s
Is sean3 serious? Blue-ray does'nt automatically make everything HD, and by the way blue-ray and HD DVD's both have the same graphics with games just the movies are more enhanced. So Blue-ray wont make your console better in gaming just movies but CONSOLES ARE MADE FOR GAMES!!!!  :roll:

get a blue ray player if you watch movies all the time and not playin games..
Boring me here. BLu-Ray is a device that plays shit in HD , just like the HD shit 360 got. How can Blu-Ray player play movies in good quality but not in gaming? You dumb or wt?
(07-03-2009, 10:24 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Boring me here. BLu-Ray is a device that plays shit in HD , just like the HD shit 360 got. How can Blu-Ray player play movies in good quality but not in gaming? You dumb or wt?

To prove my point, the 360 uses DVD's and it still plays perfectly in 1080p. The disc its on has nothing to do with the games playability in HD.
(07-03-2009, 10:24 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Boring me here. BLu-Ray is a device that plays shit in HD , just like the HD shit 360 got. How can Blu-Ray player play movies in good quality but not in gaming? You dumb or wt?

the blu-ray dvd doesnt play  "shit in HD", its  basically just a normal DVD that can hold ~50GB of data instead of crappy 8.5GB normal DVDs can hold.

The movie creators etc just use the new available 42GB that they have more on the bluray disc to put their movies in a better quality and higher resolution on the blu-ray disc, which isnt possible on the normal DVD due to the 8.5GB limit.

(07-03-2009, 10:49 PM)cloakster link Wrote: To prove my point, the 360 uses DVD's and it still plays perfectly in 1080p. The disc its on has nothing to do with the games playability in HD.

:D see Sean3 ...
(07-04-2009, 07:42 AM)Hitman link Wrote: the blu-ray dvd doesnt play  "shit in HD", its  basically just a normal DVD that can hold ~50GB of data instead of crappy 8.5GB normal DVDs can hold.

The movie creators etc just use the new available 42GB that they have more on the bluray disc to put their movies in a better quality and higher resolution on the blu-ray disc, which isnt possible on the normal DVD due to the 8.5GB limit.
Exactly my point. End of story, but one question , how can a movie be played in a better resolution on a blu-ray disc but not a game?
because the game has pre-defined textures, usually with a size 512x512 pixels, which is the same on all platforms the game was scripted for.

Or do you really think any game developer would create 3 different texture things of the entire game world just for PC, Xbox, PS3 ?

Its always the same.
(07-04-2009, 02:26 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Exactly my point. End of story, but one question , how can a movie be played in a better resolution on a blu-ray disc but not a game?

It doesn't prove your point because the 360 can play at 1920x1080 on a 8.5GB dual layer DVD :)