Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

.23 Weapons Handler
(06-01-2009, 04:36 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Then allow weapons inside, switch the players to the same team when they enter an interior, team killing is disabled in samp by default.

Then if they're in the robbery minigame their team could be changed to TEAM_ROBBER, or TEAM_GUARD.

For the players leaving an interior, or in interior 0 already, their team could be set to "playerid" since its unique for each player.

When they go inside an interior by default they cant effect eachother, lag may cause sync problems however.

So a timer would be useful once the player is in the interior, to keep it synced.

To avoid the kills when leaving an interior, create a SetTimerEx under OnPlayerInteriorChange lasting 1 second, no repeat. This will delay the players team change, so they'll still be on the same team as the rest of the player in the interior.

That way if anyone is trying to lame kill, they wouldnt be able to since it wouldnt effect the player leaving the interior.

I think the devs know what they're doing.  8)7
(06-01-2009, 07:23 PM)Jerome® link Wrote: I think the devs know what they're doing.  8)7

We have no idea what we're doing, we're just messing about with the code. Can you tell me what 'SendClientMessage' does? :?
(06-01-2009, 07:58 PM)Felle link Wrote: We have no idea what we're doing, we're just messing about with the code. Can you tell me what 'SendClientMessage' does? :?

Gtfo
Well if they were that good they'd not be having to do 22+ updates to fix all the bugs.

The example i mentioned above works perfectly fine, plus it stops cheaters using allow weaps indoors, though i imagine devs of lvp are far too good to follow any kinds of suggestions from me, im merely a player.
(06-01-2009, 08:52 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Well if they were that good they'd not be having to do 22+ updates to fix all the bugs.

The example i mentioned above works perfectly fine, plus it stops cheaters using allow weaps indoors, though i imagine devs of lvp are far too good to follow any kinds of suggestions from me, im merely a player.

Point well made.  :'(
(06-01-2009, 08:52 PM)SAFC link Wrote: Well if they were that good they'd not be having to do 22+ updates to fix all the bugs.

Of course you would deliver a gamemode with 53778 lines without any bugs. We all know that. Anyways, there's gonna be a hotfix for this handler tommorow.

Its one thing to deliver pseudo code, (which can also have logic faults...), and quite another to deliver working, bugless, ACTUAL code that fits in with the rest of the engine...
It was a very simple and easy to do example, which i've used myself and seen used in other servers, easily adaptable.

Anyway nevermind, time will tell if players will be pleased with the results of the "hotfix" although when the weapons are disabled indoors, it brings the problem of cheaters killing indoors using rockets, miniguns and flame throwers.
(06-01-2009, 09:37 PM)SAFC link Wrote: It was a very simple and easy to do example, which i've used myself and seen used in other servers, easily adaptable.

Anyway nevermind, time will tell if players will be pleased with the results of the "hotfix" although when the weapons are disabled indoors, it brings the problem of cheaters killing indoors using rockets, miniguns and flame throwers.

Anti-cheat owns them.
(06-01-2009, 09:37 PM)SAFC link Wrote: It was a very simple and easy to do example, which i've used myself and seen used in other servers, easily adaptable.

I didn't say your idea can't be done, however LVP uses teams for other stuff too, so we will try to see what we can do.