Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[C&S]Vehicles & Possible Replacements
He was just lettings yous know now to remove it in the future as a notice xD
hopefully tefs plan is gonna succeed :).
but he is LVP Dictator so i guess it is gonna happen :).
I'm tired but can't sleep, so I'm going to post again. Let's address the following...

(06-02-2009, 03:58 AM)Mike link Wrote: Good reply, but you need a course on constructive (non-insulting) criticism. Dismissing people's suggestions like you did Phyc0's, calling people idiots and saying their posts are asinine are not good ways to win people over. Also, for not being interested in personal opinions of cars, you give a lot of it. Good, but I know you can do better!
First off, I want to thank you for calling my bluff. Let me explain a little bit further into detail so I can take at least some of my hypocrisy away. I am interested in your overall opinion on the vehicles, but saying stuff like, "It's my favorite car," is simply unacceptable. That's not really giving me anything else besides the fact that you like the vehicle. At least give me a reason or two. The main thing I'm looking for is effort put into posts; nothing more, but nothing less. Secondly, I want to address how you stated that I merely "dismissed" Phyc0's suggestion. What he suggested was not possible. I was doing him a favor by making sure he knew this fact. (Also, for the record, I contacted him on IRC and we had a nice little discussion about it. That way, this thread would have remained on topic, but thanks for bringing it up anyway.) Finally, you said that calling people "idiots" wouldn't help persuade them. While this is very true, the two users I insulted were the authors of said asinine posts. These two posted something so completely off-topic that they caused a shift in attention from my suggestion to a topic that was irrelevant. Wouldn't you be a little bit annoyed as well? Anyway, we're getting off on a tangent...

Moving on...

(06-02-2009, 03:58 AM)Mike link Wrote:
  • The baggage handler was in fact in previous versions of LVP.
  • I agree with the Broadway should be replaced with the Remington.
  • I agree the Trashmaster should be replaced with the Phoenix.
  • The Leviathan shouldn't be removed. It is indeed a big helicopter, but it also floats. The Maverick is agile and fast enough to fly in.
  • The Kart was in LVP before.
  • I agree that the Patroit needs to be added in place of the Enforcer.
  • I agree with the Banshee and Stretch, they need to be added in place of said vehicles.
  • I disagree with the Tampa being removed. People like it and you give no factual reason for it to be replaced.
Thank you for informing me of previous vehicle layouts. I sincerely appreciate it. You go on to defend the Leviathan and Tampa from being replaced. Let's start with the Tampa, though. You say I provided no factual reason for it to be replaced when in fact I did. I said (this will make it three times now) that the Tampa is hardly ever used, or, at least, I never see it being used. Whenever I see players driving by, I see them with faster, better cars; whenever I jump past a spawning point for the Tampa, it's always there. I also said that the Tampa only looks halfway decent when it's modified at the Transfenders, but anything looks better with a bit of touching up. Its performance, as stated before, remains garbage.

Moving on to the Leviathan. You say that it should be kept. Well, that's all fine and good, but why? Besides it being remarkably slow, excessively bulky, and quite fugly, there's also the matter that players can heli-kill with it without receiving a "lame kill." (Was this what you were referring to with "heli-killing gang members," estroe?) Not unlike the other vehicles on my list, this is another vehicle of which I see barely any use. I know, I know, maybe I'm getting a little too overzealous with the "they don't use it" excuse, but it's still valid. I would personally go for a server that has vehicles everyone uses, not a server that has a wide but seldom used variety. Actually, come to think of it, players do use this vehicle; however, as estroe stated earlier, it's more popular for heli-kills and gang members because they can lame without technically laming. I'm not saying this is true for all the players who use this helicopter, but it is for some.

(06-02-2009, 07:26 AM)Holden link Wrote: He was just lettings yous know now to remove it in the future as a notice xD
(06-02-2009, 09:07 AM)Terror link Wrote: hopefully tefs plan is gonna succeed :).
but he is LVP Dictator so i guess it is gonna happen :).
I'm so happy to know that none of what I said here was even read:

(06-02-2009, 01:01 AM)TEF™ link Wrote: I'm seeing a lot of real horrible reasoning for keeping vehicles. Reasons like, "It's my favorite car," are not reasons. They're opinions. When I write up a suggestion, I take the time and effort to write up something worth reading. I also make sure to give factual data and what I've seen occur. All in all, if you don't have anything to post other than a one-liner, "favorite," or the like, don't post. I want you to take time and effort with your post. No, this does not mean that you need to write as much as I do. Quite frankly, that's a ridiculous request; however, typing up just a one-liner, especially when it's shooting down my suggestion, is frustrating to me. Why? Because I work hard on my posts and to see such a simple post with such negativity is just vexing. This doesn't mean that I want short positive posts, either. Posts like, "+1"? Yeah, keep that out of my suggestion unless you have something more to offer. I don't want simple posts just to boost post count. In conclusion, guys, just put in a bit more effort in your posts. (I've seen some of you post a considerable amount, so kudos to those who have.)

Please either post something of use or stay out of my topic. I've reported both of your posts, by the way.
Quote:there's also the matter that players can heli-kill with it without receiving a "lame kill." (Was this what you were referring to with "heli-killing gang members," estroe?)

Not really actually, I wasn't aware of this. But as crew can't get punished for it, I probably didn't notice. Although I think I was on my BA acc. Anyway, no idea if we got punished or not, I at leas think you can/could be.

So let's redo the list a bit.

Quote:    * Merit
    * Tampa
    * BF-400
    * FCR-900
    * Euros
    * Enforcer
    * Baggage Handler
    * Trashmaster
    * Broadway
    * Leviathan

Tampa > Didn't read any positive, I think.
Enforcer to Patriot > Fine by me. I loved the Patriot!
Baggage Handler > Keep it in, there should be some fun vehicles like it for everyone.
Trashmaster to Dumper > Lots of people always used it, so again fine.
Broadway to Remington > I don't like the Remington either, but if others want it, why not, I never use them anyway.
Leviathan > Keep it. There's more Mavericks than Leviathans, so you can usually take a faster heli.
Tampa: Great for car bombing (dunno why, but for some reason it seems like a perfect carbombing car :?). So maybe we could atleast keep three of these? I know they look like shit, performance is shit. But for some reason i still like it.
Enforcer < Patriot: You can acctually refill your armour in this one by just getting into it, but i dislike it due to being huge and no speed whatsoever. The patriot is a pure pwnage "car" which i love in Single player, would love to see it on LVP :>
Bagage: it's a fun car to ride in. I usuallly see some people running around on that one infrot of the ship. I think it could be saved, afaik it only spawns @ LV airport.
Broadway < Remington: always loved the remington, it's an awesome lowrider, and you can look it even awesomer with some tuning, and it's got good performance aswell. And the broadway/pimpmobile is just fugly, fat and slow. Can't even tune it nice.
I already made a topic for the Tampa ages ago, but nobody replied, so here its once again:

Replace the Tampa with the ZR-350! Or atleast bring the ZR-350 into LVP! Its just an awesome car! Looks awesome, handling is awesome, and its fast too!

[Image: zr-350.jpg]
Oh, one small addition: It'd be nice if the Bus was replaced by the Coach, it looks better and is way faster, the Bus is shitty imo (for cruises with a lot of people)...
Hi guys, here´s a list of vehicles I would suggest to add:

Vehicle:                Why:

News Maverick      Funny Handling
FBI Rancher          Good Handling
S.W.A.T Tank        Strong Vehicle
Fire Truck            Strong & Fast & Good handling

And maybe if it´s possible place a Hydra and disable the shoots  (rockets). It´s very funny to fly so fast with the cool plane, and if the shoots are disabled you don´t annoy any other players.
So why not placing one at each airport (and of course disable shoots (rockets)? ;)

Greetings from

Palladium
Friends, it's time to bump this thread. Why? Well, simply because I've finally figured out what else to type.

First, as always, are the quotes...

(06-12-2009, 03:46 PM)Palladium_Palace link Wrote: And maybe if it´s possible place a Hydra and disable the shoots  (rockets). It´s very funny to fly so fast with the cool plane, and if the shoots are disabled you don´t annoy any other players.
So why not placing one at each airport (and of course disable shoots (rockets)? ;)
The administrative vehicles (Hydra & Hunter) can be used by players when they have v-allow, so I don't think that this idea should be implemented. Just ask an admin in-game for v-allow and they'll most likely give you it. (I mean... so long as you don't abuse the privilege.) As for your vehicle suggestions, could you please provide more of an argument as to why they would be best for all of the players?

(06-02-2009, 05:19 PM)Jhon link Wrote: Oh, one small addition: It'd be nice if the Bus was replaced by the Coach, it looks better and is way faster, the Bus is shitty imo (for cruises with a lot of people)...
I find this suggestion remarkably simple and straightforward, as well as the fact that most players would definitely agree on this point. Let's replace the Bus with the Coach. Ah, look at that! It even looks nicer.

(06-02-2009, 12:53 PM)Hitman link Wrote: I already made a topic for the Tampa ages ago, but nobody replied, so here its once again:

Replace the Tampa with the ZR-350! Or atleast bring the ZR-350 into LVP! Its just an awesome car! Looks awesome, handling is awesome, and its fast too!
I see no problem with the addition of the ZR-350, but the Buffalo should definitely be the Tampa's replacement. It's just that good.

(06-02-2009, 11:07 AM)Richard link Wrote: Baggage Handler > Keep it in, there should be some fun vehicles like it for everyone.
Leviathan > Keep it. There's more Mavericks than Leviathans, so you can usually take a faster heli.
Well, I guess we could keep the Leviathan in, seeing as I've actually started seeing players use it a hell of a lot more recently... but you'll never make me like it! The Baggage Handler... well, what can I say? It doesn't really appear that often within the server (only in airports), so what if we just added in the Banshee anyway? It's ultimately the development team's choice, of course, but I'm just wondering about the possibility.

On to my (hopefully) final suggestion...

What the hell happened to the Brown Streak and Tram? Why remove them? Sure, they didn't have a radio; yes, they didn't have a lot of possibilities when it came to movement; and of course, they were sometimes locked. But... come on! I always loved driving the train around the entire map, sometimes having a fun little cruise with two or three players on top of the roof. The Tram was always fun to ride around San Fierro, too. These are only two extra vehicles in the server, so would it be too much to ask to just plop 'em back in? Please?

Let me just take this extra little space to thank everyone (who posted appropriately) for your support, your feedback, and most importantly, your criticism. I greatly appreciate it. To the developers, well, I guess you're just avoiding reading my walls of text, but I know you care! I hope to see you guys post at the end of all this.

Let's get the current list down...
  • The Tampa is to be replaced with the Buffalo
  • The Enforcer is to be replaced with the Patriot
  • The Trashmaster is to be replaced with the Dumper
  • The Broadway is to be replaced with the Remington
  • The Stratum is to be replaced with the Comet
  • The Bus is to be replaced with the Coach
  • Possible addition of Brown Streak & Tram
  • Possible addition of ZR-350
  • Possible addition of Banshee

Please note that this list can always be altered and that the development team always has the final say!

And this is where my post ends for tonight! See ya later!
isn't the Coach already ingame?
I thought the bus was that thing that looked more like a school bus.

I agree with the trains :) they should really come back :+

Agreed with replacing baggage with Banshee too :D

I kinda like the Stratum, and afaik it replaced another, slower and uglier station car.

agreed with the Broadway being replaced.

not sure about the Enforcer, I like them both D: