Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[C&S]Vehicles & Possible Replacements
I agree with almost everything you said, TEF. However, you see, my favourite car is the Merit and I love driving around San Andreas in this vehicle. I agree with estroe and Zezima's thoughts on the Merit too, and therefore should definitely be kept in the game mode. Merit _O_

Just a thought, but, I'm sure LVP has a test server or something to that effect? I'm sure crew are allowed in there? Why don't you, TEF, go to the test server and replace some vehicles around the city and present it to the Management or something? Like you said, the Developers have better things to do than replace vehicles... :P
replace the slow ass-bikes with the pcj-600?

I think that's pretty fast for a bike

as for the Tampa, Enforcer, Trashmaster and the euros, I disagree

sure, they're not exactly what you may call fast, but the tampa looks great after it's tuned imo, the euros isn't slow or hard to drive, so I see no reason removing it, and the enforcer and trashmaster both are cars that can take quite some damage.

I think alot of people here would like the dumpster back; it's slow, only seats one and there was only one spawning in the earlier gamemodes, so why would the trashmaster and enforcer have to go? D:

oh yeah, if you have some room left, add in a sweeper or two, can you image the epicness of the races you can do with them? :D
yeah totally agree
except for the euros part.
The euros rock :P
Do NOT remove the Elegy!
It's my favorite Car. (Just a notice.) :w 
Good idea.
+1

But don't remove the Elegy, it's a good car :P
Who suggested the elegy should be removed? o.O
Alright, sorry for the late reply, but I enjoy getting a feel of at least a few players before posting my thoughts. (It also helps me build up a better argument by seeing who likes what.) So, let's get crackin'!

Time for some quotes...

(06-01-2009, 02:44 AM)Phyc0 link Wrote: Just a thought, but, I'm sure LVP has a test server or something to that effect? I'm sure crew are allowed in there? Why don't you, TEF, go to the test server and replace some vehicles around the city and present it to the Management or something? Like you said, the Developers have better things to do than replace vehicles... :P
Crew members cannot replace vehicles, nor am I a developer. You shouldn't suggest something such as that unless you're absolutely certain we can do it.

(06-01-2009, 07:25 PM)Mafo link Wrote: Do NOT remove the Elegy!
It's my favorite Car. (Just a notice.) :w 
(06-01-2009, 09:10 PM)Arrows73 link Wrote: But don't remove the Elegy, it's a good car :P
Both of you are idiots who didn't even read what I posted. Thank you for wasting everyone's time with your utterly asinine posts.
(06-01-2009, 09:23 PM)Mike link Wrote: Who suggested the elegy should be removed? o.O
Exactly.

(06-01-2009, 02:27 AM)Ghoulspoon link Wrote: What about the Kart? Was that here before or what? ;)
The Kart was never in LVP, so I see no reason for us to have it. We have RC vehicles for our VIPs, which is basically the same as the Kart.

Now for everyone who disagreed for reasons such as, "That's my favorite car!"; "I'm fine with it"; or the like...

Seeing how everyone pretty much loves the BF-400 and FCR-900, I'd say to just keep them in at this point. Why? Because, for starters, I didn't even have a suggestion for a replacement vehicle. I guess I just really get irked with them because of their slow speed and crap handling. (Some of you will disagree with my own judgment of the bikes' handling and speed, but it's my own opinion so please don't comment on it.) I've seen some of you defend the Trashmaster, Enforcer, Merit, and Euros. That's all well and good, but my replacement vehicles for each are far superior.

Let's start off with the Trashmaster. I understand that it may be "fun" for some of you, sure, but I've never seen anyone actually use the damned thing. So why have it? I mean, I'm certain people would love to use the suggested Phoenix, but if you guys want a heavier vehicle like the Trashmaster, then let's do what Twilight suggested: add in the Dumper. Before 2.9, the Dumper used to spawn in the quarry just outside Las Venturas. That vehicle was used so often I could never get it with the "/gotocar" command, so it'd be an excellent replacement for the Trashmaster. While I really wanted to see the Phoenix on LVP, my main focus is to bring back some of the past vehicles.

The Enforcer? Well, again, I can see how it's quite durable, but so is my suggested replacement for it: the Patriot. I mean, the Enforcer only spawns in two locations. (Yeah, after I did some research, I found that there's another in the Las Venturas Police Department's parking garage.) What's the point of that? And, not unlike the Trashmaster, I never see it used. There was this one time where this annoying role player came on and started acting like the server was the new I Am Legend, but besides that no-one uses it. (Unless that prick comes back.) The Patriot, on the other hand, was always used. I even saw people trying to get into it more than the Hunters and Hydras over at Area 69. Did I mention it was faster, too?

We're up to the Merit and Euros. Oh, my God, people actually like these two vehicles. You know, I really was shocked when I saw how many people defended these cars. The Merit and Euros are both slow cars that do quite poorly with handling, so I'm not quite sure why I've seen players state otherwise; however, I do understand that everyone has their own liking of how their vehicle handles. In any sense, because many people have shown liking these cars and also because I've actually seen players use them often in-game, I'll give another possible suggestion: Instead of replacing the Meirt and Euros (with the Comet and Stretch, respectively), replace the Stratum with the Comet. Why the Stratum? For one, we don't need every single vehicle modifiable at Wheels Arch Angel (the garage in San Fierro, for those who don't know) within the server. While I don't feel the necessity to name them all, they include the Sultan, Elegy, and Jester. We already have a few fast four-door cars and I'm leaving the Merit be, so that's another reason I'm suggesting the Stratum's removal. Yes, we're leaving the Stretch totally out of the equation with this new suggestion, but I feel that many people enjoy the aforesaid vehicles too much for replacement. We could always have a poll later on, too, so no worries.

As for those who defended the Tampa... well, what can I say? You guys are out of your minds. It's a piece of crap with or without the modifying in Transfenders (in performance). With the looks? Well, anything can look pretty with some touching up, so I don't see why we should keep this vehicle simply because it looks nice. I also hardly see it being used, even though it appears the most. Strange, isn't it?

I'm seeing a lot of real horrible reasoning for keeping vehicles. Reasons like, "It's my favorite car," are not reasons. They're opinions. When I write up a suggestion, I take the time and effort to write up something worth reading. I also make sure to give factual data and what I've seen occur. All in all, if you don't have anything to post other than a one-liner, "favorite," or the like, don't post. I want you to take time and effort with your post. No, this does not mean that you need to write as much as I do. Quite frankly, that's a ridiculous request; however, typing up just a one-liner, especially when it's shooting down my suggestion, is frustrating to me. Why? Because I work hard on my posts and to see such a simple post with such negativity is just vexing. This doesn't mean that I want short positive posts, either. Posts like, "+1"? Yeah, keep that out of my suggestion unless you have something more to offer. I don't want simple posts just to boost post count. In conclusion, guys, just put in a bit more effort in your posts. (I've seen some of you post a considerable amount, so kudos to those who have.)

Thank you for reading.
Good reply, but you need a course on constructive (non-insulting) criticism. Dismissing people's suggestions like you did Phyc0's, calling people idiots and saying their posts are asinine are not good ways to win people over. Also, for not being interested in personal opinions of cars, you give a lot of them. Good reply, but I know you can do better!

Here's a condensed version of my input:
  • The baggage handler was in fact in previous versions of LVP.
  • I agree with the Broadway should be replaced with the Remington.
  • I agree the Trashmaster should be replaced with the Phoenix.
  • The Leviathan shouldn't be removed. It is indeed a big helicopter, but it also floats. The Maverick is agile and fast enough to fly in.
  • The Kart was in LVP before.
  • I agree that the Patroit needs to be added in place of the Enforcer.
  • I agree with the Banshee and Stretch, they need to be added in place of said vehicles.
  • I disagree with the Tampa being removed. People like it and you give no factual reason for it to be replaced.

Unlike many people in this thread, I read what you had to say, TEF.
I agree on all of these cars being removed. They are all slow (compared to other vehicles), and I absolutely don't see how people love to drive these cars.

* Merit - The handling is good, but that's only because it's very slow.

* Tampa - ugh, don't get me started on this piece of shit. It seems like every time I die and search for a car, I find this worthless car. It slides too much and doesn't satisfy me at all.

* BF-400 - Seriously, why is this bike here? I miss the NRG's lined up by the ship like old times. Since the update, I haven't seen one NRG-500 (may have just not ran into one.)

* FCR-900 - imo, same as the BF-400.

* Euros - I don't really like this car, but it's not as bad as the others and can be tolerated, but I wouldn't mind it getting replaced by something like the Stretch, as you stated.

* Enforcer - I rather walk than drive this big, bulky, and slow vehicle around.

* Baggage Handler - What a useless vehicle, one seater, and slower than a peanut butter river.

* Trashmaster - TOO SLOW :'(

* Broadway - Way too slow, and unattractive.

* Leviathan - I dislike how big it is, and it's not that easy to handle.

I know most of my reasons are because they are too slow, that's because I prefer a fast car with great handling (such as the Infernus or Bullet.) Alot more cars close to those will be great. Also, replacing all of these vehicles and the exporting portion wouldn't take that long, most definitely less than a month.