Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
8600 gt is pretty nice
i have it too
it didn disappoint me cos i aint a graphics enthusiast
medium or high is all i need

pentium 4...oh noess....plzz

and ddr1 ram is kinda...omg slow
its still expensive han ddr2 ram that is kinda pathetic xD
Could someone show me were to start of by building a new PC?, like which parts i should get.
As i've said i know  :r
Well we cant recommend you hardware until you tell us how much cash you want to spend :)

Depending on the kind of money you've got to spend really..A computer case would be a good start of course :P They come in a couple different sizes Micro,Mid tower and full towers>I would suggest at least a mid tower case for more room and for your components.You have your choices between a Intel system or a Amd system again depending on your budget,Amd is low on prices and with dependable performance.Basically when searching for a motherboard/processor check the motherboards compatibility and then move onto finding a cpu that will work with the motherboard.Say you went with a AMD motherboard that supports,AM+2/AM2 socket types and is supportive of these types of processor models Phenom FX/Phenom/Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64 X2 you would then need to find a processor that is either a AM+2 or a AM2 socket type.Really its not that difficult as to finding what supports each other and what doesn't...This motherboard here would be a good board useful for the future upgrades as well http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813135075
Here is a decent processor from what you have now and will bump you up in performance for multitasking http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819103210 If you were to get that motherboard or pretty much any newer motherboard they usually support DDR2 1066/800 Ram witch is way better in performance compared to your 512MB PC2100 ram you've got now lol.You will need at least a 450Wattage power supply with 6 pin PCIExpress connector or two for using SLI/Dual video cards,If you decide to run SLI with gpu's then you would want to get a higher wattage psu.

Hopefully i made myself pretty clear for you to understand :)As for a video card the ATI 4830's are pretty damn cheap right now and have a little better performance over the 9800GT'S but that's up to you what video card you decide with,but i really suggest using newegg.com because there prices are extremely low with lots of free shipping compared to other online computer stores..

Ay good luck to ya dude,Its a fun thing to get into and very educating  8)
Aaron, you do realize that he lives in Australia? :P

Also, i think it would be better for him to go with a cheap C2D build than an AM2 build.
Ah well that could be a problem ordering from newegg!I don't believe they ship internationally as of now..Another good website with decent prices is http://www.tigerdirect.com/ they do ship internationally to Germany an such ;)

True Cloakster:)

Also they have kits called Barebone kits with a case-psu-mobo-processor-hd drive and ram for great prices..That may be something to get you started at a budget build,Like this one perhaps http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...u=B69-0066

Sorry if i have confused you or anything,I just forgot you were from Germany!
I am from Germany, Tr1pin comes from Kangaroo-Country.

I would recommend you a "cheap" gamer PC.. ofcourse its not cheap, but you can really play games with it.

I would go with an  Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.. like the E7200

my recommendation:

processor:  Intel E7400  -> ~100€
mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L  -> ~70€
ram: 2x2GB DDR2-800 Kit  -> 30€
videocard: geforce 9600GT ~80€

then just a dvd drive, case, power supply and stuff. But the core components i mentioned above give really the best performance for its price
And Windows Vista if i want x2 2gb RAM. Is it right that Vista can hold unlimited RAM & xp only 3.5gb?
nope.

XP 32bit = max. 3.75GB
XP 64bit = "unlimited"

Vista 32bit (all versions) = max 3.75GB
Vista 64bit Home Basic: max 8GB
Vista 64bit Home Premium: max 16GB
Vista 64bit Buisness/Ultimate: unlimited

So, if you wanna get Vista i would recommend you Vista Home Premium 64 bit, thats what i am using too.
Windows 32Bit OS will only recognize 3Gb-3.5GBof ram.

Windows 64Bit OS will recognize as much as you've got installed :)

Hitman great recommendations man,Still depending on his budget for a build is hard for anyone to find decent setup not knowing what fits his bill..

Say you got two hundred bucks you would want to get something that will last you a couple of years at the least and be upgradable to fit for the newest games,By starting small and upgrading on the way it could save you some money although you won't as satisfied in till your build is complete.