Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S]credit card
I first thought this was already implented into the gamemode, but unless I epicly fail, I don't think it is D:

anyway, basicly, my idea is to let players buy a credit card at the bank (for a decent amount of money, of course) which let's them automaticly withdraw enough money to buy someting.

For example, if you want to buy a prop right now you have to /withdraw some money first, then do /buy, and then do /bank all. Of course, this doesn't take up that much time, but since we're all so lazy, it'd be nice to be able to do this with just the /buy command.

This credit card can obviously only be used by people who can /bank and /withdraw from anywhere on the map, and I suppose a little fee (10k?) for the usage of the credit card would be nice too

if this doesn't sound clear, I'll redo this post tomorrow, it's 3:15am right now so I bet not everything is as clear when I type it as it is when it's still in my head :(
Let's see what others think.
The idea seems good. Nice Twilight.
I've been annoying me on the /withdrawing and /bank all things all the time. This is a great idea!

Buy a credit card for 1m ? then fee of 10k every time u use it :) But maybe it should work with spawnweps to. And every purchase. Maybe not the "costable" commands like /tp and /dive.
Credit cards are evil.

I say no.

The monetary system in LVP has been made too comfortable anyway.
(05-04-2009, 12:16 PM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: Credit cards are evil.

I say no.

Pretty much agreed. Everyone's too spoiled already.

I mean, how hard is it to type /withdraw 1000000 - /buy - /bank all ?
Better for your WhatPulse as well! :D
I thought of this before for another gamemode. :+ It's nice. Maybe you'd have to the bank and buy a credit card for, say, 10m if you have a platinum account.

You'd also have to assign money to the card, and buy new ones once they expire. All little things that make the gamemode more believable. ;)
(05-04-2009, 12:16 PM)HoogerBooger link Wrote: Credit cards are evil.

I say no.

I agree with the good old 'O booger
I don't think we should introduce a credit card for the server, although it's a good idea.
The hunt for good props, don't have to be easy. If players want to buy a good one (say: Seti@home) the have to find a way to get the money for it.

A creditcard makes it far too easy imo
Not a bad idea, though I need to agree with the fact people are way to lazy. typing /withdraw <amount> /buy and /bank all doesn't require to much of work.

On an other point of view, if it would be implented it is still your choice whether you use it or not, people who would like to see this happening will be glad, people who didn't think it was needed, shouldn't be mad or whatsoever either, as they don't need to use it :+