Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Denied]TeEjAy
Hello LVP Management, I'd like to apply for the Developer position if not too late.

Nickname: [BA]TeEjAy

(Pawn-)Coding Experience: I scripted my Training server. I have a lot of experience with PAWN, and specialize in: Menu's, Text draws, IRC (not PHP), Admin commands, variables/arrays, and believe, imo, that I have a complete different perspective on PAWN coding. I think the current dev's are great, and think I'd be a great addition to the team.

Your motivation: I've always loved this server from the day I started playing it, it would be an honor to be a Las Venturas Playground Developer. I even took the time to make sure I knew what I was doing in PAWN before applying, and I hope you will consider.

Your's truly,

-TeEjAy

[BA]TeEjAy has been online for 666 hours and 28 minutes. The player has killed 3372 people so far, and has died 1907 times him/herself, which makes a ratio of 1.77. He/She has scored 32 points in the reaction test so far. [BA]TeEjAy is a player on Las Venturas Playground, and last was online at 04-06-2009 00:39. This player is a VIP.
Forum Profile
He's a very cool guy. He has a great attitude and I know his pawn skills are great. His server is really nice. I hope he gets in. I'm sure the assignment won't be a big problem for him.
Hello once again, LVP Management, I know it is a little early to turn in my gamemode, but I'm confident you will find it satisfactory. Here are the features:

Chosen Area: Las Venturas

Commands:

(Admin)

* /ban
* /kick
* /freeze, /unfreeze

(Player)

* /taxi
* /kill
* /help
* /stats
* /rules

Deeper into the gamemode:

The ship is a safe-zone, as requested, when the player enters the ship, his weapons are taken away, wasn't listed but I felt it went along with the feature. (Have never made one so mine is only a beta version, very simple, but works) When a player kills another player that is on the ship, he will have 10,000 dollars deducted from his current money. A score is kept, all kills and deaths are recorded for 1 session, and can be checked with /stats or /mystats. Plenty of random messages are displayed every 3 minutes. 5 spawn locations have been included, along with at least 2 cars at each location. Once you taxi, you will have 1000 dollars taken away, and must wait 3 minutes before you can taxi again. Of course admins do not have to pay or wait 3 minutes to taxi again. (if logged in) When frozen, you will not be able to evade by using /taxi, (To unfreeze yourself with OnPlayerExitedMenu), and of course, join/leave messages have been implemented.

I have used strtok, ReturnUser, and IsNumeric in my gamemode, which was not created by me.

Extra Comments:

Thank you for this chance and I hope you consider me as a Las Venturas Playground Developer. Have a great day.

- TeEjAy

http://crew.sa-mp.nl/fireburn/teejay.pwn
As I said in .dev, I'm quite neutral. I think that he's done it alright, but a few negative aspects were mentioned in that discussion we had , of which I agree with pretty much all.
Mind sharing those aspects? ;)
I thought we voted and denied him?
I think we should indeed deny him. Not because his assignment is that bad, but in my opinion we do not need another developer at the moment, and his assignment is not that convincing that we need to invite him to the team anyway.
My opinion exactly.
(06-10-2009, 01:32 AM)Badeend link Wrote: Mind sharing those aspects? ;)

Here's some things:
<@Pugwipe> all his functions are public, that's not so good
<@Pugwipe> I also don't like how he implemented IsPlayerOnShip
<&Fireburn> he makes endless amount of timers
<&Fireburn> each connect starts a timer

And apparently, he kept bugging Matthias how to do the ship thing (saying stuff like "they can't read this anyway" when Matthias didn't want to show him).
kthnx