Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

cool :O ( only for nVIDIA users
(01-06-2009, 01:35 AM)lavamike link Wrote: Right Click Desktop -> NVIDIA Control Panel

In the NVIDIA Control Panel:

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings

Click the "Program Settings" Tab.

Click the drop-down list for "Select a program to customize"  Select GTA:SA (If it's not in the list add it by clicking "Add" right next to the drop-down box.

Find "Vertical Sync" and set it to "Force off"

Run a sa-mp server after you've done this.
Cool, huh? :D

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=8...quickreply

That's what I have for a long while already. ;)

If I connect, I'm connected in somewhat ~3 seconds.
I click on Connect, "SA:MP Start-up screen" pops up and stays for like half a second. Game loads equally fast or even faster. And tadaa, I'm connected.
Its pretty cool :+

My brother found this 2/3 days ago, trying to overclock his graphics card to play IV smoother.
It worked, and SA-MP loads in 1/2 seconds.
Why just for the game?

Vsync is gay, i disabled it in the global settings. Just set Vsync to "always off", so its off all the time, in every game, in windows, everywhere.

i hate limiting my frames lawl
Awesome, thanks for this! Useful stuff. :)
what happens then?
For example:

if you turn "frame limiter" on ingame, your FPS are limited to 25 (the game doesnt run smooth imo, set it to OFF asap)

but, if Vsync is on (usually its globally set to "Off", atleast with the new nvida drivers) it limits your FPS too.

Lemme say, you have a TFT display. They have a refreshrate of 60Hertz. (=60Hz).

So Vsync will limit your FPS to steady 60FPS. If your videocard isnt strong enough to meet 60fps all the time, Vsync limits it to the next division by 2, this time: 30 FPS (which doesnt run smooth again)

So, setting framelimiter OFF and Vsync off will result in a non-limited FPS rate. Thats all.,
I like it. But 2 things:

1.) It crashes when it gets to the login screen.
2.) You can't force AA into GTA IV.
Yes, but thats not a driver thingy. The GTA IV  game engine doesn't support -any- anti aliasing. So you will be stuck to AF and some blur :X
(01-07-2009, 11:24 AM)Jordi link Wrote: I like it. But 2 things:
1.) It crashes when it gets to the login screen.
2.) You can't force AA into GTA IV.

Owneeeeed!