Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

cool :O ( only for nVIDIA users
(01-06-2009, 06:39 PM)Hitman link Wrote: Why just for the game?

Vsync is gay, i disabled it in the global settings. Just set Vsync to "always off", so its off all the time, in every game, in windows, everywhere.

i hate limiting my frames lawl
vsync is for weak pc's with epic framedrops ie : 50 > 20 > 50 > 20 ect. then it limits it to 40 or something
its works on ati catalyst u just turn force off and gta loads up within a second lol.
I need to work out how to do it on Ubuntu :/
This was in Nvidia settings guide site:

Triple Buffering:if set to On, this setting allows your overall performance to improve when Vertical Synchronization (VSync) is enabled in games. Therefore if you want to enable VSync - whether in the in-game settings or in the Nvidia Control Panel, it is recommended you enable Triple Buffering as well. However note that using Triple Buffering may cause problems for graphics cards with lower Video RAM, so disable this option if you’re experiencing problems such as mouse lag in games. Note further that this option only works for OpenGL games at the moment, so to force Triple Buffering in Direct3D games (which is the majority of recent games), see the Advanced Tweaking section.
I tried to follow the quote in the first post, but I miss something in it :/

Quote:    3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings

Click the "Program Settings" Tab.

Click the drop-down list for "Select a program to customize"  Select GTA:SA (If it's not in the list add it by clicking "Add" right next to the drop-down box.

Find "Vertical Sync" and set it to "Force off"

I don't see 'Manage 3D settings'
It's just not there :X

7600 GS is what I have.
estroe u have TeamViewer? If yes, I can do it for you if you want ;)
edit: extra for you, estroe :)

[Image: v44ccn.jpg]

Its in german but most likely the same like in dutch, u will understand i hope :D
Lol, got this since years...:P

Works on ATi aswell, just put off Vsync..
That's the prob, I miss that one tab :/

[Image: nvidia.PNG]
Hehe, you see that big "Standaardinstellingen" Button? On the top? Click  there and enable advanced option settings, (or advanced user, or however its called in dutch) and enable that to get the big option menu :)