Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP Fight Club
(12-28-2006, 10:57 PM)Nakebod link Wrote:Psst:
;)

I problaby need glasses...  8)
We setup a small trailer to warm things up for the new mode.

[Image: th_fightclub.jpg]

The motel setting is perfect sadly the place it lay's is not, we had some interruptions before we could begin.  ;(

Enjoy :)
_O- Short but sweet for a very close fight, that trailer rocks man! Really love the music + intro! We must do more  :)
Thanks to me?
For what? lol.
i spose i was scaring off intruders looking extremely butch.
Nice video.
With regard to theHolyCow's reply and the problems we had with outside interference for the fight club trailer, I decided to look for other possible locations to host the event. I took a brief tour across Los Santos in a helicopter and found two such places. Although they remain open areas, they are well away from other players in LVP.

Location 1:

[Image: map1sq4.th.jpg]  [Image: samp093ug2.th.jpg]  [Image: samp095xv1.th.jpg] 

I think this is also a motel similar to the one pointed out in my original post. It's not quite as closed off or isolated as the one in LV, but still offers a nice arena space and even better spectator support on the upper levels. When I say "better" it's because there is more room here for the spectators (the balcony in the LV motel is rather narrow and cramped). The entrance to the motel courtyard could possibly be blocked with a few vehicles to ensure that fights remain in a controlled space.

Location 2:

[Image: map2rf8.th.jpg]  [Image: samp107bl4.th.jpg]  [Image: samp112on2.th.jpg]

Hmm..another motel? I'm sure this building had some significance in GTA:SA single player, but can't quite remember what. Anyway, it offers a similar type of arena to that in Location 1, except for the small shrubs and lamp posts which could get in the way during a fight. Again there are stairs leading to the balcony which surrounds the parking area or arena providing a relatively safe place to watch the fights. It's not shown in the above screen shots, but from the third image, just beneath the stairs on the left of the picture is an entrance to the building. Perhaps something like this could be used for what theHolyCow was thinking about when referring to a sort of 'dressing room' for getting weapons and armour? I don't know....

From the above two locations I would probably say Location 1 is my preferred choice. But the event could possibly be held somewhere else in LS (I only had a quick fly over in a heli to survey the area) or even in San Fierro - I haven't checked there for suitable locations. Ideally this event is best hosted inside a building like, as Chillosophy suggested, Big Smoke's Crack Place. But something like this won't be possible until SA:MP 0.2. In the meantime it may be possible to do something with an open environment. If anyone has any other suggestions of possible locations in SF of LS, then please do post  :).
Very awsome footage! I am very impressed on how for this is going, and will definatly watch out for more stuff to come!
Double thumbs up here! :D
(12-31-2006, 03:22 AM)THRILLERkarl link Wrote:Thanks to me?
For what? lol.
i spose i was scaring off intruders looking extremely butch.
Nice video.

You were the spectator.  >:) Thx to the comments. We might have to do some more on that. :)

I think this can be a big event and get very important for sa-mp if done right. Include stats and lists and points and money which you can all earn with winning fight club.
(12-30-2006, 03:50 PM)theHolyCow link Wrote:Another problem would be to make sure every contender has full health and armor. Armor cant be set script side. A solution would be two 'dressing' rooms where the contenders can pick up armor before the match. Perhaps even choice what weapons they want. After a minute/30 seconds they will be teleported into the ring.

Next version of sa-mp will contain a setplayerarmor funtion  ;)
One less problem  :P
I do still like the dressing room idea.  :)
I know a place where this could happen... I'll get some screens a the coordinates for you later on. Its on a roof and has a level for spectators. We could set the spectators boundaries so they can not just jump in the fight or anything. This seems like a cool idea though.