Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Honour, Code of Conduct, etc.
Afternoon all,

I am someone that has been playing on this server on and off for several months.

I'm just starting to get into it in a big way - and I'm really enjoying myself. Mainly because I now know where to aim dependant upon ping etc.

I play on my own. What I mean is, I'm not a member of a gang, and I don't play with any RL mates. I occassionally find someone in game and jump in a car with them, but that generally doesn't stop them shooting at me when they get bored.

Because I play on my own, I often find myself fighting against 2 or 3 people at once, and resort to tactics such as nading.

Now, I believe all of the following are allowed on the server; I'd just like to find out what people's beliefs are when it comes to certain ways of killing people. What is, and what is not acceptable from an honour perspective!

- Parking your car on someone (I don't do this, but I generally see newer players doing this, and I've had it done to me once or twice)
- /Taxi out of a fight (Again, I never do this, if I lose, I die, and expect the same in return)
- Pausing mid-fight (Is this even allowed? I played for an hour the other night, and was picking on a certain gang... I managed 10 wanted stars, but at least 5 of my kills consisted of waiting for the other person to unpause, as their health was low)
- Sniping (I do this when outnumbered. I try to get a bit of range, and snipe. People seem to see it as a lame tactic though...)
- Nading (Again, I don't just randomly throw nades around... I use it when outnumbered, or when I think a well placed nade would do more damage than my guns)
- /TP ing to people to kill them more than once (If someone annoys me, I tend to stalk them for 10 minutes, killing them over and over... Is this also frowned upon?)
- Don't attack people at the Fight Club (Didn't even know there was such a thing until recently!!!)

I've probably missed a few...

What I'm getting at, is that there seems to be a set of unwritten rules amongst the community. People like myself get accused of 'laming' or whatever the hell people call it now, just for throwing a nade or two. Could someone clarify please?

oh, and are there any reasonably mature gangs recruiting? :)
It's all rather subjective. Lots of people have different ideas as to what 'laming' is.

If you ever see a player /taxi or /pause to avoid death during a fight, please report it in the admin chat.
I wouldn't call sniping and nading laming. Unless that's the only way you kill , which is anoying if a guy just constantly nades you. It's a part of the game. If you do it once in a while just for laughs etc. then that's not so bad. About tp'ing to someone just to kill him- it would be rather stupid to call it laming , because that would mean if i get killed in SF , i have to get in a car and drive for 10minutes or more looking in the map every 10 seconds searching the guy that killed me- no thanks i rather tp.

I could list some things that i would certainly call laming:

Sitting on the ship for very long waiting till someone has low health , and then comming out and backshooting/nading him.
Parking on someone with a car.
Drive-bying , and just when your opponent has lost almoast all of his health from your drive-by , killing him to avoid punishment.
Pausing , /quit 'ing or teleporting away are the most lame ways i can imagine to avoid death.

About attacking in FC. It like an unwriten law- if someone is fighting in fc , don't attack. For example i don't think there is a law in any country that you can't take a shit in the middle of the street- but everyone seems to know that's not allowed.
Along with what Mike said, let me just say a few things as well. :+ Parking your car on others is allowed, but considered very lame. As for the sniping and throwing grenades, they're not truly that lame. "Nading," as some wish to call it, is considered lame, but no-one would blame you if you threw one against ten other fighters. :P Teleporting to players for the sole reason to annoy them is, in my opinion, very wrong. If you continuously do it, Administrators can disable your teleportation commands (i.e. /tp, /taxi, /newtaxi) for abusing them. Again, though, most of this is left in the dark and dependent upon the Crew member in question to decide for their own. Although, the abusing of teleportation commands, or any command for that matter, is not allowed. Finally, the Fight Club is not run by the Crew so it's not necessarily a rule, only a bit of common courtesy if you will (though I don't advise ruining it as many regulars will start to go after you). Like I said, though, most of this is just what each member of the Crew thinks.

(11-28-2008, 03:40 PM)n00ne link Wrote: I wouldn't call sniping and nading laming. Unless that's the only way you kill , which is anoying if a guy just constantly nades you. It's a part of the game. If you do it once in a while just for laughs etc. then that's not so bad. About tp'ing to someone just to kill him- it would be rather stupid to call it laming , because that would mean if i get killed in SF , i have to get in a car and drive for 10minutes or more looking in the map every 10 seconds searching the guy that killed me- no thanks i rather tp.

I could list some things that i would certainly call laming:

Sitting on the ship for very long waiting till someone has low health , and then comming out and backshooting/nading him.
Parking on someone with a car.
Drive-bying , and just when your opponent has lost almoast all of his health from your drive-by , killing him to avoid punishment.
Pausing , /quit 'ing or teleporting away are the most lame ways i can imagine to avoid death.

About attacking in FC. It like an unwriten law- if someone is fighting in fc , don't attack. For example i don't think there is a law in any country that you can't take a shit in the middle of the street- but everyone seems to know that's not allowed.
I completely agree with what n00ne is saying here. The teleportation commands may be used to get back at that one guy who killed you, but never to harass them. In short, don't use them more than twice for that same person (of course there are exceptions, like gang wars and if you're doing a stunt, or whatever). If you truly want to stalk someone, the old-fashioned way is the best. Drive, follow, kill. :+

:w

~ Justin (A.K.A. TEF)
Quote:Psycho link=topic=14787.msg157457#msg157457 date=1227879736]
- Parking your car on someone (I don't do this, but I generally see newer players doing this, and I've had it done to me once or twice)
- /Taxi out of a fight (Again, I never do this, if I lose, I die, and expect the same in return)
- Pausing mid-fight (Is this even allowed? I played for an hour the other night, and was picking on a certain gang... I managed 10 wanted stars, but at least 5 of my kills consisted of waiting for the other person to unpause, as their health was low)
- Sniping (I do this when outnumbered. I try to get a bit of range, and snipe. People seem to see it as a lame tactic though...)
- Nading (Again, I don't just randomly throw nades around... I use it when outnumbered, or when I think a well placed nade would do more damage than my guns)
- /TP ing to people to kill them more than once (If someone annoys me, I tend to stalk them for 10 minutes, killing them over and over... Is this also frowned upon?)
- Don't attack people at the Fight Club (Didn't even know there was such a thing until recently!!!)

-Parking on someone is annoying for them, but isn't easy to do, so if you spend most of your time fighting on foot and occasionally park on someone, no worries. They have time to /dive or /tp out of the situation.
-Taxi'ing out of a fight is terrible, and is the worst thing on your list. You lose a ton of respect, and you'll get flamed a lot.
-Pausing mid-fight is close to that, 2nd lamest thing on the list. If there's anything to avoid, its taxi'ing out of a fight and pausing mid-fight.
-Being sniped is annoying, but unless its the only thing you do, you won't lose much respect for doing it (unless its observers at the fc, perhaps).
-If you use grenades in the way you do, you won't lose any respect. As long as you don't stick on downloads and throw grenades 100% of your time ingame, its fine.
-/tp'ing back is a tricky one. For example, I'd be fighting a 1v2 against a couple of sK or whatever, I kill one and almost have the other killed, and the first one tp's back to fight. I feel its cheap in such situations, but if they kill you then you should be able to /tp back. If you get in a car and drive away while they tp, you can just ditch them in the middle of nowhere anyway- its not a huge deal.
-Attacking people at the fightclub is fine, and has been for at least 6-7 months.
Thanks for the detailed explanations :)

In regards to attacking at the FC, and TPing back to someone.. I can give an example from only 2 days ago which covers both.

I was running across to get a bike, and some guy kept moving his car backwards and forwards to run me over. He parked on me. This annoyed me, so I TP'd back to him, shot his armour away, and left him with a slither of health. He managed to get on the bike, and I got in his car, and followed him. He went straight to the FC and jumped into the middle. I was then told on chat not to attack people in the FC...

Annoying situation, but I guess, exceptional circumstances. It's very rare that it'll happen like that again :)

It was the grenades and sniping that I was the most concerned about, so thank you for clarifying :)

I tend to /taxi or /dive away if someone attacks me, which is fine imo :+

If you decide to shoot back and then notice that you're gonna get killed however, it's lame to do so :+
Let me clarify a bit here.

/tp'ing or /taxi'ing out of a fight is not allowed. Nor is pausing or any other way of escaping from a fight. Although it depends on on the situation.
As Twilight said, if you're being attacked and you don't want to fight, it's fine if you /dive or w/e.
However, if you're fighting back, and when you're low on health and you're pretty sure you'll be losing the fight and decide to tp away, it IS punishable. As TEF said with an admin removing your ability to use things such as /tp, /taxi etc. The amount of time depends, first time it won't be that long, but it'll increase quickly.
The RT clan has had their abilities removed for a week(correct me if I'm wrong there) for abusing it a LOT. Yes, the entire clan.

If there's unclear things, feel free to ask ;)
Quote:Psycho link=topic=14787.msg157488#msg157488 date=1227886160]
I was then told on chat not to attack people in the FC...

There hasn't been an official rule against that ever, you're free to attack/kill people at the FC any time you want.
(11-28-2008, 05:02 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: There hasn't been an official rule against that ever, you're free to attack/kill people at the FC any time you want.

True. Although a lot of people will probably consider it lame to do.
Myself including, although again depending on the situation / person :P If someone always shoots @ FC, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him myself when HE doesn't expect it. Although I haven't really been there in ages :+