Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

LVP Whatpulse Team
Whatpulse is a program which monitors how much you type, how often you click on a mouse-button and how far you actually move your mouse. Despite this initial introduction, I can assure you it is not any kind of spyware and/or keylogger, it only sends three numbers to the Whatpulse server - the amount of keys, clicks and meters your mouse has moved.

Since a few months Las Venturas Playground has had their own WhatPulse sub-team, which of course should get somewhat larger. The program is not useful, it's purely some statistics about how much you type. Currently, statistics of the LVP sub-team can be found on this page. Our sub-team is part of a larger team, Gathering of Tweakers, as that's where alot of LVP originated.

Why should I join?
There's no real purpose, as I said before. It's purely nice to know how much you actually type and move your mouse, another kind of statistic. To make it somewhat more attractive to join, we have included these statistics in your normal profile: the IRC !players command will show the amount of keys and click you have gathered, and in a larger stage these statistics will be synchronized with the forum as well.

What do I have to do in order to install it?
That's quite simple, follow these simple steps and you'll be registered in no-time.
  • 1. Create an account on WhatPulse.org, and prefix your nickname with [LVP]. My name is [LVP]Peter for example. Download the software (which takes ~800 kB of ram and no CPU at all) and install it.
  • 2. Go to your team page and join the Gathering of Tweakers team (Search for: GoT) new name: Dutch Power Cows (or short: DPC), which currently is in second place in the entire competition.
  • 3. Inform a Management member about your joining, and give them your nickname. In a day your statistics will be included in !players.
  • 4. Frequently right-click the little "W"-sign in your system tray, and click on Pulse!. That'll update your keys and your statistics on LVP as well. Again, updating takes a day.

All members of the Las Venturas Playground Whatpulse team can be seen on this page. In the future we might include this in one of our own systems, to give you even more statistics.

The statistics will be posted on a daily base, at 12:00 AM GMT.

Thanks, and happy pulsing! :)
How to join the Las Venturas Playground whatpulse (sub-)team?
  • Start off with creating an account on WhatPulse.org, and be sure to prefix your nickname with [LVP] (e.g. [LVP]Peter). Download the software as well and install it. WhatPulse is about 800 kB in size and uses no memory or CPU cycles at all.
  • Head to the your team page and join the team we're a part of. Las Venturas Playground is a sub-team of the "Dutch Power Cows" team, which currently is second in the WhatPulse competition. You won't notice anything of this, and other members of the DPC team will not appear in our statistics either.
  • Inform a Management member about your joining, they will be able to add your WhatPulse statistics to your nickname. This means that typing !players on your nickname on IRC will include the WhatPulse statistics.

Don't forget to frequently click on the little W-sign in your system tray! By doing so you send your current amount of keys, clicks and miles to the WhatPulse servers, and they will be added to your profile. Other people will be able to see it in the statistics the next day.
I registered too and my user name is [LVP]GTA_Rules, or isn't it allowed to inform management here?

Greetz
Cool, the memberlist has grown from 4 to 15 in just one day (although 4 people still need to pulse first).

Lets make this big \o/
(08-17-2008, 07:45 PM)Stef link Wrote: Lets make this big \o/

That was her suggestiong ;)

Anyway, I joined. :D Let's see how those goes :P
I joined, this is interesting.  :+

I joined, and it's pretty cool stuff, but i have a problem... Will ever a linux-based version come out? Because with wine it doesn't work properly, and i can't use this stuff on my laptop, only on my pc... :'(
I dont understand how to join that team  :? sorry, but how to join the LVP sub team?

Greetz
(08-18-2008, 06:08 AM)GTA_Rules link Wrote: I dont understand how to join that team  :? sorry, but how to join the LVP sub team?

Greetz
join the GoT team and put [LVP] infront of your name, thats how, just like a clantag.

-oost 8)
(08-18-2008, 10:44 AM)oostcoast link Wrote: join the GoT team and put [LVP] infront of your name, thats how, just like a clantag.

-oost 8)
Thank U, I did what u said and I hope I'll be on the list in about a day :).