Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

People who volunteer for Iraq or Afganistan missions as troops.
Hello,

Time to get a little political debate going on in here.

What do you think about those people?

Also Obama vs. McCain discussion is welcome as well.

Discuss.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger.
first off i'd liked to name some sa-mp players that i know served

ZiGGY
blaZed
Hawk^One

anyway i salute the soldiers.

about McCain vs Obama... Obama is gonna win this hands down. McCain fails at running a campaign and hes so damn awkward.
(07-31-2008, 09:31 PM)HaZe link Wrote: ZiGGY
blaZed
Hawk^One
I've seen some videos of the Iraq Conflict on chevy's youtube account. Did you fight in the iraq war? :o
Well soldiers are soldiers, they sign up and have a job to do, I respect them for their service to their country.

Politics in my opinion, is as much about the image of the politician as it is about their ideas. To many people Obama is a personification of hope, he's young, charismatic, and seemingly a cool outsider to Washington. While for Mccain is opposite, an old politician, with a lousy speaking voice, and a rather sickly demeanor (has skin cancer). That Image of Obama is what might guarantee his win, from what I heard McCain and Obama are neck and neck but I think in the end Obama has it. Although if you were to ask me who's my choice, I'd say neither really there were others I wished would of won the nomination of there parties (Ron Paul, Dennis kucinich, and maybe Jonh Edwards).
many just vote on obama because he's black.
(08-01-2008, 12:34 PM)Greyfox link Wrote: many just vote on obama because he's black.
Although its pretty sad it is true. Many are keen for him to win just because it will be a mark in history.
(08-01-2008, 12:38 PM)Ben link Wrote: Although its pretty sad it is true. Many are keen for him to win just because it will be a mark in history.
True, True.

But there are also conspiracy theories that he'll be shot.
(08-01-2008, 12:48 PM)Greyfox link Wrote: True, True.

But there are also conspiracy theories that he'll be shot.
:o
[me=Ben]runs[/me]
no.. people vote for Obama because he knows how to run a campaign. almost everyone loves him. McCain is a lazy, old, unexciting man that fails to make eye-catching campaigns.
Volunteer soldiers: if you believe your country is worth fighting for then fighting for your country is a fine thing to do.

Obama vs. McCain: I echo Haze's and Fly's sentiments on both candidates tbh. I made a bet with my friend for 20 pounds that Obama would win. Easy money I hope. But on the other hand one could argue that the USA seems to favour the iron claw of the eagle over the shining dove... If McCain wins it will be a clear signal by the powers that be to the world that the USA is an aggressive dictatorship. Scary I guess, but plausible. Whoever wins I believe the USA is an aggressive dictatorship at heart, but if Obama wins at least they don't intend to be open about it...

EDIT: McCain's ploicies consist of war in iraq for 5 more years, building shit loads of nuclear power plants and fucking off social care... Not a very intelligent or promising plan... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain..._positions Obama on the other hand promises a much more intelligent, hopeful and promising approach... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obam..._proposals

EDIT 2: One more point... In war and conflict everyone's life goes to shit; in peace and exchange all people's lifes prosper :)