Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
Well thank you Gaahl.

I thought I might go back and read through the beginning of this thread. You won't even believe how big of a palm was on my face when I read my previous posts on the first pages, as you said.. blindly and aggressively defending religion without ever questioning it, because questioning Islam is actually a sin.

I'm really thankful that I was lucky enough to allow myself to commit that sin and burst my bubble of beliefs.
Yea thanks Gaahl.

(11-24-2012, 11:48 AM)M-Jeeli link Wrote: Well thank you Gaahl.

I thought I might go back and read through the beginning of this thread. You won't even believe how big of a palm was on my face when I read my previous posts on the first pages, as you said.. blindly and aggressively defending religion without ever questioning it, because questioning Islam is actually a sin.

I'm really thankful that I was lucky enough to allow myself to commit that sin and burst my bubble of beliefs.

I'm more thankful that you did, If you didn't leave Islam I wouldn't have ever thought about it, not in a million years. You made me think why you would leave it and so I began my research on it...
i think everyone who believed in islam have already figured out its bullshit but they all afraid of tellin that (kaboom afraid of tellin to dad cause he will beat him outta the house but actually his dad has stopped believin that bullshit ages ago but dont want to affect his sons ideas etc) dead ring xD
I disagree with the part that any Muslim who stops believing in god and abandons his religion shall be killed by the 'law' of Islam.

Try to get it from the Quraan itself, not from the internet. I have happened to find a LOT of unwritten things in the Quraan mentioned in the Internet.

I'm a Muslim, but I'm not an overly, or even normally, religious person. I don't pray, I don't do any Islamic traditions, except in Ramadan, and I find it joyful.

Some may believe it's retarded, some may not. Nevertheless, regardless of whether God is real or not, or Islam is true or not, it's just a way to make people live properly, if they follow what they're told to do by their religion.

tl;dr - A lot of Islamic countries would go totally chaotic if there were no Islam.
(11-24-2012, 09:49 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: tl;dr - A lot of Islamic countries would go totally chaotic if there were no Islam.

Whilst I respect your view and the way you live your life, you gotta admit that a lot of countries already go "totally chaotic" even with Islam.
The most impressive part about this topic is actually Maka's use of "mayn't" on the second page.
M-Jeeli and KaBooM's progress towards becoming free-thinkers just warms my heart though, I wish you guys the best of luck because honestly, you'll need it. If you guys ever grow up and have kids of your own then I'm glad to know that they won't be indoctrinated early on, and I'm sure will be given the choice to join any religion (based on facts behind each one), or remain atheist if they desire.
(11-25-2012, 03:11 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: The most impressive part about this topic is actually Maka's use of "mayn't" on the second page.
M-Jeeli and KaBooM's progress towards becoming free-thinkers just warms my heart though, I wish you guys the best of luck because honestly, you'll need it. If you guys ever grow up and have kids of your own then I'm glad to know that they won't be indoctrinated early on, and I'm sure will be given the choice to join any religion (based on facts behind each one), or remain atheist if they desire.

I'll make sure my kids live a better free life than I did.

(11-24-2012, 09:49 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I disagree with the part that any Muslim who stops believing in god and abandons his religion shall be killed by the 'law' of Islam.

Try to get it from the Quraan itself, not from the internet. I have happened to find a LOT of unwritten things in the Quraan mentioned in the Internet.

I'm a Muslim, but I'm not an overly, or even normally, religious person. I don't pray, I don't do any Islamic traditions, except in Ramadan, and I find it joyful.

Some may believe it's retarded, some may not. Nevertheless, regardless of whether God is real or not, or Islam is true or not, it's just a way to make people live properly, if they follow what they're told to do by their religion.

tl;dr - A lot of Islamic countries would go totally chaotic if there were no Islam.

Bloodster, you said yourself that you're not that religious then according to Islam you have no right to disagree with an official fatwa unless you're given permission by the authorities (In other words, have deep knowledge in religion). I was religious so I pretty much know that. Mohammad killed over 11 apostates in his time (if I remember correctly).
And a few other returned to Islam so they won't be killed, but left it right when mohamad died but were killed by the caliph.

I didn't just take that fatwa from the internet, I took it from a site that 50% of Muslims resort to. You can search as much as you want either from the internet or books or ask any of your sheikhs, I doubt that you'll find any reliable Islamic source that says otherwise. We've even been taught this at school.
(11-25-2012, 03:11 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: The most impressive part about this topic is actually Maka's use of "mayn't" on the second page.

Haha, you made my day. I think that's one of the few times I actually used that contraction.

(11-25-2012, 09:01 AM)KaBooM link Wrote: Thanks :p
I'll make sure my kids live a better free life than I did.

Thumbs up, man.
(11-24-2012, 03:32 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: Yea thanks Gaahl.

I'm more thankful that you did, If you didn't leave Islam I wouldn't have ever thought about it, not in a million years. You made me think why you would leave it and so I began my research on it...

That's really great to know. So my subliminal indirect messages reached you after all haha.

(11-24-2012, 09:49 PM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I disagree with the part that any Muslim who stops believing in god and abandons his religion shall be killed by the 'law' of Islam.

Penalty of apostacy is not something to interpret or philosophise about, it's a proven part of the religion, and if you deny it or say otherwise, then you are to be considered an apostate yourself or a 'kafir'. It's one of the five main penalties in Islam (and all are savage and brutal unfortunately).

Oh, and you don't need to believe in anything to have a proper life, you can take my word on that.

Also, Bloodster, you said you don't pray, then you're not a Muslim why do you fool yourself just deny it all at once...

According to Islam one who doesn't pray is an infidel, Islam is calling you an infidel but you're denying it and calling yourself a Muslim. No need for that bro just leave it. Religion is not something that you can only take some parts of and leave the other parts. Since it's from God then you have to take it all word by word, if 1 thing is wrong or doesn't make sense for you then you leave it all at once.