Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
The Bible was written in a metaforical way.. you cant read it literally
--dont know how to translate this in english..
(05-20-2011, 07:01 PM)Cunga link Wrote: The Bible was written in a metaforical way.. you cant read it literally
--dont know how to translate this in english..
That makes it inaccurate and therefore deniable.
what he meant is that its full of metaphores but at the same time the message is accurate aka correct, therefore u cant say its deniable, gg
Ehem.. People can deny whatever they want. There's no DENYING that.
indeed but it doesnt mean theyre right  ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_the_Bible

It is highly inaccurate, hence it's 'metaphorical'.
who said Bible is fully metaphorical? even if u say its innaccurate, the vids i gave u were far too accurate to call it that way. gg for saying that metaphores must be inaccurate too

"Metaphor is the concept of understanding one thing in terms of another. A metaphor is a figure of speech that constructs an analogy between two things or ideas, the analogy is conveyed by the use of a metaphorical word in place of some other word. For example: "Her eyes were glistening jewels." Metaphors compare things without using "like" or "as.""

(05-20-2011, 08:33 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: who said Bible is fully metaphorical? even if u say its innaccurate, the vids i gave u were far too accurate to call it that way. gg for saying that metaphores must be inaccurate too

"Metaphor is the concept of understanding one thing in terms of another. A metaphor is a figure of speech that constructs an analogy between two things or ideas, the analogy is conveyed by the use of a metaphorical word in place of some other word. For example: "Her eyes were glistening jewels." Metaphors compare things without using "like" or "as.""
THE VIDS ARE BIASED, THE SOURCE IS CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK THUS SUBJECTIVE maybe writing in bigger font will make it clearer.
and the source is accurate, like an atheist would provide proof of Bible's event's existance eh? makes no sense, subjective? i think u didnt watch the right video
Try harder, STyL4.

Anyone seen the nuts going crazy about the alleged judgement day tomorrow? :')

Sadder than Jehova's witnesses.