Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
actually we are taught that in John 4 as said, if he takes Bible as an example and calls it a lie then i'll prove him wrong

hum so? no connection to the consitutional movements?

gg
(05-19-2011, 09:43 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: actually we are taught that in John 4 as said, if he takes Bible as an example and calls it a lie then i'll prove him wrong

hum so? no connection to the consitutional movements?

gg

You are saying? Cause you don't make sense...

(05-19-2011, 09:40 PM)Richard link Wrote: Actually, Target has a point there. Everything we take from the Bible or so is pure interpretation, it's the way we read it. It can be seen as both ways. Both how Target says it, and both how Styla says it. You can't really say one of them is wrong.

So how people see it in the middle ages isn't wrong? Cause its free of interpretation?
Double poster :(

What do you mean?
(05-19-2011, 09:46 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: You are saying? Cause you don't make sense...

So how people see it in the middle ages isn't wrong? Cause its free of interpretation?

clearly u dont know what consitution is and what Religion is, depends how they interpretated it, not everyone interpretated it wrong. like Newton for example, he understood Bible and took it seriously, he decoded alot of messages, but guy like you will take everything as a fairytale and will find everything in the Bible stupid.

and no one said its free of interpretation. the part u mentioned (God being like human) can be interpretated like that, but yet again u were wrong because in the other part u can clearly see how God is meant to be(John 4). u just connect those 2 together and u find a conclusion aka no lies in the Bible. if u judge Bible then do it "right". as u can see Bible is more than just a "dumb old fairytale book"

in the middle age, "running water" "we're created from things that cannot be seen"(atoms) "mountains in the sea" "blood is key of life" etc. etc. etc. etc. could be interpretated wrong back then, but today we obviously know more about it and we actually know what sea mountains are, running water from pipe etc.. makes sense now, but didnt back then.. that does not make a religion look confusing but a person that interpretated that.
I doubt every single thing in the Bible is backed up by another part in it. I think you said it yourself earlier in the topic, we don't know how it was meant when it was written so we may see things the wrong way. I was raised a Christian but I forgot so many things as I haven't been into it for a good while now so I don't know half the stuff in it any more. So I may be easily be wrong on all this, but how do you know Newton or so took everything the way it was meant? Because you think the same way?
u got me wrong, i didnt say every single thing in the Bible is backed up by another part but yet i said that if u make a CONCLUSION then make it right because there are MANY interpretations and metaphores in Bible and theyre very very interesting and in middle age they were unusual(today they arent) thats why false interpretations came sometimes.

"how do you know Newton or so took everything the way it was meant? Because you think the same way?" because either other parts backed it up or either the coding(which is not 100 %)it made alot of sense. and the interpretations matched to REAL RELIGION.

"we don't know how it was meant when it was written so we may see things the wrong way." we cant really say we dont know how it was meant, because many messages are given clearly, but as mentioned, if u make a conclusion , make sure its backed up good.
So you say that the people who wrote down the bible, and portrayed god as a human are actually wrong? So the very writers of the bible failed to understand what it is about? But somehow, you, know better?

It was very comon to portray gods as human...it happens in most religions, it's because mankind invented god to their own image.
(05-20-2011, 06:20 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: So you say that the people who wrote down the bible, and portrayed god as a human are actually wrong? So the very writers of the bible failed to understand what it is about? But somehow, you, know better?

It was very comon to portray gods as human...it happens in most religions, it's because mankind invented god to their own image.

people who wrote down the Bible? do u know what Bible actually is? and God's actions are not wrong, because if u study the book(e.g.) and interpretate it wrong, then in school u get a bad mark because .... u're wrong or the book? YOU, not the "writer"(people , right...)

your understanding is very wrong sir
(05-20-2011, 04:05 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: do u know what Bible actually is?

Do you? ROFL
oh, so im clearly making long posts with accurate facts to defend something i do not know anything about, c00l  ;)