Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
Haha I knew a reply like that was bound to come.
Why is drinking alcohol considered as a sin?  _O-

+1 for atheists!
not only atheists. :) lol TwistedDemon, sin? come on already.. Peru gave u clear information..

@Target00 (didnt notice ur reply)

Ok, here's ur flaw. u thinks that there can be other self-collapsing wave-functions which are not minds -as well as others that are.

The point I was trying to make though is that self-collapsing wave-functions are one and the same with minds. Thus if you see a self-collapsing wave-function, it is automatically a mind.

ORCH_OR theory yet again. Religion is not about History only but Science too and say whatever u want, just dont state ur own opinions only, as u can see i state scientific facts here.(not u 00target)

video was CLEAR about it, u just gotta think about more(not  being offensive here) and not just see the first thing u can "deny" or u think its wrong.. this is ur 3rd try already, it will be very hard to find any holes in this Theory..

Holden
"me and my friends store our buds in a hole in a bible, should we feel ashamed?"

Holden, considering youre 13, then i dont think u felt any shame at all. :) i dont even think u know the topic's theme

"Also sometimes the drink can be so strong that it makes you drunk after 1 glass, If I drink it and I don't know that it's so strong and now i'm drunk, is that a sin?"  - wine? hm lol.
"The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang: marijuana) is one of the many useful herbs "yielding seed after its kind" created and blessed by God on the third day of creation, "and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12) He gave hemp for people to use with our free will.

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)

The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29) A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelations 22:1-2) A gift from God."
I for one would like to thank god for his magnificent gift of the cannabis plant- for I tried it, and it was good.
i know where u found this.

Cannabis was used 12 ways: clothing, paper, cord, sails, fishnet, oil, sealant, incense, food, and in ceremony, relaxation and medicine. For so the Lord said unto me, "I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs. For afore harvest, when the bud is perfect and the sour grape is ripening in the flower, he shall cut off the sprigs with pruning hooks and take away and cut down the branches." (Isaiah 18:4-5)

Jesus and the """drugs,drinks"""

"Yet the simple joys of drinking were also sung. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)" - wrong interpretation son, wrong interpretation.

"..../For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. (Paul: Romans 14:14,17)/"

"It was God who created cannabis hemp and told mankind to use "every green herb" on Earth. The Bible speaks of mercy, healing and a persecution of God's children. They persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. (Psalms 119:86) Prisons and drug wars do not save souls. The Lord… hath sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to them that are bound. (Isaiah 61:1)"

Well I am a agnostic, basically: "I can't say if God exists or not, but I don't believe he / she does"

(04-14-2011, 06:21 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Inventing stories Ryder  :(?

As silly as it may sound to you, the wine back then was not fermented at all.

(04-14-2011, 11:32 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Why is drinking alcohol considered as a sin?  _O-

+1 for atheists!

I don't know how many more times this has to be said. You can drink wine/alcohol/whatever you want as long as you don't drink to much of it to the point where it affects your body.

One other thing people have to realize is that The Bible talks in symbols a lot of times. Remember when Jesus gave his apostles the wine and bread to drink and eat and said that the wine represented his blood? So when he says in Isaiah 55:1 to drink wine he is saying to always have him in mind and to remember him.
(04-14-2011, 02:55 AM)Peru2600 link Wrote: Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I'm just stating what the Bible says.

Are we still talking about wine? Or are you referring to other types of beverages?

I don't know about how strong is wine or any other alcoholic drink, but as long as it causes drunkness, either by small amounts or big amounts, it shouldn't be allowed.

(04-14-2011, 11:32 AM)0Target0 link Wrote: Why is drinking alcohol considered as a sin?  _O-

+1 for atheists!

and they say the world doesn't need religion anymore  :N
(04-14-2011, 03:30 PM)TwistedDemon link Wrote: I don't know about how strong is wine or any other alcoholic drink, but as long as it causes drunkness, either by small amounts or big amounts, it shouldn't be allowed.

I don't know about you but if I didn't know the type of drink or how strong it is, I wouldn't drink it.

However, if somebody were to trick you into drinking it, it wouldn't be considered a sin because you were not aware. It would be if you were fully aware of what type of drink it is and its effect and you still drank it at your own will.