Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA V?
Rockstar has revealed more details concerning gun and vehicle customisation in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Speaking with Game Informer, lead mission designer Imran Sarwar explained the level of car customisation players can look forward to.

"Rather than [car customisation] simply being an additional option for players to experiment with, we wanted to expand it and integrate it more deeply into the game so that it would seamlessly slot in with everything else that the player can do in the world," he explained.

"Some missions ask you to customise vehicles in certain ways, and we have taken vehicle customisation in general a lot further than we did in San Andreas."
Vehicle upgrades can be both cosmetic and performance-based. Sarwar confirmed there are more than 1,000 different modifications available.

In addition to vehicle customisation, guns can also be modified.

"The player has access to a wide range of modifications, such as extended clips that allow you to fire more ammo between reloads, grips to improve your accuracy, weapon tints to colour your guns, flashlights, scopes, and suppressors," said Sarwar.

"Attachments such as suppressors allow the player to adapt their approach to some missions and take a stealth option.
"It¹s all part of broadening the range of tactical options for the player."

Grand Theft Auto 5's first gameplay trailer was revealed today (July 9).

The game follows three main characters - Michael, Franklin and Trevor - each with his own reasons for joining a life of crime.

Rockstar hopes to break a UK sales record when the game launches on Xbox 360 and PS3 on September 17
[Image: br9jo.gif]
(07-09-2013, 05:55 PM)FateTrip link Wrote: You look like shit!  ;(
:D

too bad i gave away my ps3,ahwell lets wait for dat pc version!
Holy cock.
(07-09-2013, 11:10 PM)DeLiC link Wrote: :D

No way I would buy on console anyway!
(07-09-2013, 11:10 PM)DeLiC link Wrote: :D

I sold mine and brought more CDs, Much better :)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOVmNN_bVZy1Jd5EMexoJ...9Tc4jDTJZN]
(07-10-2013, 11:55 AM)Nater link Wrote: I sold mine and brought more CDs, Much better :)
and i sold my ps3 to buy an xbox 360, most retarded thing to ever do i've come to realize
Rockstar has released new details concerning gun combat and the cover system in Grand Theft Auto 5.

In an interview with Game Informer, combat designer Phil Hooker detailed the major changes that have been made to the game's weapons and combat system.

"A massive amount of work went into overhauling animation systems, targeting, and camerawork to really open up new opportunities for the player in the kind of freeform, open-world action shootouts that are the heart of Grand Theft Auto," Hooker said.

"We wanted shooting to feel more precise and satisfying while supporting multiple styles of play.

"The controls have been expanded, so now in addition to traditional left trigger 'down the sights' aiming, you can also both run and shoot comfortably while only using the right trigger."

Hooker said that the gun combat in Grand Theft Auto 5 has been designed with elements from three previous Rockstar games in mind: GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3.

"The main push for gunplay on GTA 5 was trying to make everything as dynamic and fluid as possible, from animation to targeting to camera behaviour - we're trying to push every aspect to the next level," he explained.

The game's cover system has also been detailed, with a heavy focus placed on how cars might impact a shootout.

"In addition to smoothly running out of a car whilst firing a gun, players are able to use their car as cover, getting out and staying low without exposing themselves," Hooker continued.
"They can make a stand there behind the car for a while, and then at any time quickly re-enter the car from cover or from shooting and speed away with little exposure to enemy fire.
"It can really make the difference at crucial moments."

Rockstar has also revealed that both gun and vehicle customization will be more in-depth experiences than in previous games.

The game is set to release on Xbox 360 and PS3 on September 17.
(07-10-2013, 02:58 PM)Fuse link Wrote: and i sold my ps3 to buy an xbox 360, most retarded thing to ever do i've come to realize

I done the opposite, best thing I ever done :P