Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
(04-25-2012, 08:28 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Well bands like Coroner and Voivod I find to be more interesting than (pedal point based riff) (solo) (pedal point riff) etc. I'm not anti-thrash, just indifferent to it. I listen to far more of every other genre aside from sludge and ofc -core.
i get what you mean, theres alot of by the book thrash bands out there and it just gets old. One of the reasons i prefer post-thrash/groove metal and progressive/tech thrash. And ofc old school death metal is a nice spin on thrash metal as well
Oh actually I tend to have a mild dislike for modern thrash/groove bands like Lamb of God or Machine Head, so I suppose I listen to thrash more than them. But I definitely like the more proggy stuff better-
eg EVILE - In Dreams of Terror (HD)
(04-27-2012, 04:43 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Oh actually I tend to have a mild dislike for modern thrash/groove bands like Lamb of God or Machine Head, so I suppose I listen to thrash more than them. But I definitely like the more proggy stuff better-
eg EVILE - In Dreams of Terror (HD)

Shit i like 'm even got a LOG shirt, as for machine head they ain't so bad either their new album (enter the locust wasnt 2 bad either)

Machine Head - Locust

Lamb of God bores me. Got nothing against Machine head though i mostly listen Pantera, Sepultura, Meshuggah, Gojira, or The haunted if I want a groove metal fix
Got some love for meshuggah ill admit that.
I love the fuck out of Gojira, esp. their two most recent.
Not confident on their new one though (based off the song w/ Devin).
Meshuggah I enjoy Catch Thirtythree (and ofc Bleed) when I'm in the mood for Meshuggah, but I rarely listen to them. I hear their 2012 is very good though.
Pantera maybe 3-4 songs, but groove tends not to be my thing.

LVMEN № 3 ( RAISON D'ETRE )
I liked Kolos. It's Meshuggah's most recent. I haven't got any groove in my lists, with the exception of Gojira.
Reign of the Architect - Distant Similarities

It speaks for itself.
Holy fuck.
That's insanely good. You are a hero for suggesting me this, along with Prey for Nothing, on top of all your other recs. For the gods of metal; you truly are their prophet Maka.
Haha, well thank you. You recommended me so much already, I'm only trying to return the favour seeing we both want to hear as many great bands as possible.
I'll be patiently waiting for the future release, that's for sure. Really though, how many great bands can come from that region?

Reign of the Architect - We Must Retaliate ft. Jeff Scott Soto

Got uploaded just yesterday.