Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Football Topic
Well, it's a good time to be a Sunderland fan, or at least anti-Newcastle United, with all the trouble going on at Newcastle. Losing Andy Carrol, although they got the best of that deal with £35m, losing Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton becoming a free agent and José Enrique is on his way out (hopefully to Liverpool) for a nice price. The Mirror says £5m and other sources say £8m, either way it's a good deal.

They'll only have a few decent players left if Barton and Enrique go.

Mike Ashley, England's answer to Hicks and Gillett.
I can't believe how quiet the window's been so far, it's pretty disturbing that we can't get rid of Jenas, Bentley, Hutton, Keane, Dos Santos and other dead wood and our inane ability not to get the striker we so desperatley need.

I really hope we don't get Barton as it's the one place we definitley don't need to strenghten, regardless of wether Modric stays, and his potential to cause unrest is not worth whatvever good points he has.

I love seeing Newcastle fail and it makes it all the more sweeter knowing Ashley's a yid!
(08-04-2011, 08:21 AM)dappamikey link Wrote: I can't believe how quiet the window's been so far, it's pretty disturbing that we can't get rid of Jenas, Bentley, Hutton, Keane, Dos Santos and other dead wood
simply because they suck badly even teams in the JUPILER PRO-LEAGUE wouldn't want one of these players  :X :X :X
Please, if you can sell Bendtner anything is possible in this world.
fsss damn wenger & arsenal.... why the fuck they dont leave cesc comming?
He said he want to come to barcelona, he even accepted paying part of the price himself.. we offered 40 milions and fucking arsenal doesnt leave him...
If arsenal loves fabregas that much... i really dont know where is the point of keeeping a player that doesnt wants to play there anymore
Erm they haven't offered anywhere near 40m (£), the last offer was 27m.

So Arsenal should just roll over then. As much as I don't like them the fact is Fabregas signed a long term contract with them of his own choice so if Barca really want him they should just pay Arsenal the sum they want, if they had done that this would have been over a long time ago. It's not all about what the player wants, Arsenal have invested a lot of time into developing him and they should be compensated at the going rate.

On another note we've been drawn with Hearts in the play off round for Europa League stages which is possibly the worst draw we could have got considering they will have been playing for a full month by the time the game comes around and Harry's already stated he's going to play weakened teams in this competiiton.
38 milions (29 + 6 on variables + 3 milions fabregas put from his bucket) that is the last offer arsenal refused, also answering about the invested time.. do i need to say who trained fabregas untill he had 16 years (the base of his football)?
That's all well and good but the reason Fabregas moved is he was given the opportunity to play first team football almost immediatley, he wouldn't have been given that opportunity at Barca and who knows how that would have affected his development.
(08-05-2011, 05:03 PM)dappamikey link Wrote: That's all well and good but the reason Fabregas moved is he was given the opportunity to play first team football almost immediatley, he wouldn't have been given that opportunity at Barca and who knows how that would have affected his development.
im 100% with you on this, dumb barça by not adding on the contract when they sold, an option to re-buy after some years like they did now with bojan or jeffren.
The point here is the guy wants to come, barcelona did a good offer and they still wont let him come
(08-05-2011, 04:35 PM)yeray link Wrote: 38 milions (29 + 6 on variables + 3 milions fabregas put from his bucket) that is the last offer arsenal refused, also answering about the invested time.. do i need to say who trained fabregas untill he had 16 years (the base of his football)?
He joined barcelona in 1997 and left them for arsenal in 2003 so he has only been 6 years at Barca