Las Venturas Playground
Weight-Lifting - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Weight-Lifting (/thread-31445.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Re: Weight-Lifting - Maddolis - 07-19-2014

Sure but you can eat 3kg of steak a day but not absorb all of the protein it has.
You're assuming the stomach and body digest and absorb nutrients with 100% efficiency.

Re: Weight-Lifting - Zezima - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 12:31 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Sure but you can eat 3kg of steak a day but not absorb all of the protein it has.
You're assuming the stomach and body digest and absorb nutrients with 100% efficiency.

3kg steak a day? You will probably lose strenght and health fast with that kind of eating. To much meat is not good for you. Our body is not designed to eat 3k of meat a day.. Even if you do i bet you will lose strenght and go bad health in matter of time.

I did something like that, but only like 1kg chicken breast a day, some rice. Thats it. After 7 days i couldnt bench 80kg (even week before i did 110kg) so yeah. And was feeling allways sleepy, tired.

Re: Weight-Lifting - peruabuser - 07-19-2014

(07-19-2014, 12:31 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Sure but you can eat 3kg of steak a day but not absorb all of the protein it has.

Well you're not gonna eat 3kg at the same time if that's what you're getting at.

zezima I dont even watch CT but I agree about Elliot, hes one of those gym advicers who uses term neurological system 24/7 and tries to sound more bro science  _O-

oh also too much proteins will get your livers fucked up :)

Re: Weight-Lifting - HaZe - 07-19-2014

you can't listen to anything CT Fletcher says. dude is roided to the max.

Re: Weight-Lifting - Zezima - 07-19-2014

yeh Eliot allways use some his own made terms that sound so fucking out the space lol... makes him look "Smart" even everyone knows hes a faggot.

Re: Weight-Lifting - STyL4 - 02-18-2015

figured out I'd post something here aswell,

post workout meal (mostly carbs, it's the only meal with "big" amount of carbs. I mostly get more proteins, good fats(fish oil,avocado,...) throughout the day now):
[Image: lol.jpg]

and this is where I workout (not all the weights are seen on the pic only 2x20kg, the rest are laying down on the floor on the left side, got bad habit of not putting them into the right place)
[Image: 20150214_193613.jpg]

Re: Weight-Lifting - Boo_yah - 02-18-2015

(02-18-2015, 05:56 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: figured out I'd post something here aswell,

post workout meal (mostly carbs, it's the only meal with "big" amount of carbs. I mostly get more proteins, good fats(fish oil,avocado,...) throughout the day now):
[Image: lol.jpg]

and this is where I workout (not all the weights are seen on the pic only 2x20kg, the rest are laying down on the floor on the left side, got bad habit of not putting them into the right place)
[Image: 20150214_193613.jpg]

Why lil proteins after workout? And pasta is slow release carbs they are better before workout bcs you will have energy through longer period of time which mean enough energy to finish workout. I was eating 5-6 meals plus protein shake only after workout and i only used 2.3 kg of protein powder for 5 months, bcs i manage to bring enough protein and carbs through meals.

So before workout if you want to go on training in 1.5 or 2 hours after meal, eat integral rice, beans, pasta with some slow realase proteins or if you want to go on training in 45 minutes or 1 hour then i eat oat flakes in milk and few whole eggs. 

After workout you need fast release carbs and fast release proteins. I tryed to eat 8-10 whites 15 minutes after workout and then after 30-60 minutes whole meal like meat, 200, 300 gr and carbs, but i didnt manage to do that bcs of work and then i bought protein powder to shake after workout and drink, and right away to eat meal. I was in best shape of my life, 180 cm 86 kg, with abs and stuff, but now i am few months without a workout bcs i was a lil sick and some other stuff and i dont recognize myself, but when i do 1 training of 30 45 minutes at home i already see old muscles here, just need few weeks to bring back my form.

I dont sugest to buy Supplements, i tryed, its good, not a mirracle, only tryed protein but like i said if you stop, you will lose it, just eat a lot of right stuff in right time and training 3-5 times a week not longer then 75 minutes per training i was doing 45 minutes with only 1 muscle per training plus abs or some minor parts.

Re: Weight-Lifting - STyL4 - 02-18-2015

What do you mean with fast release and slow release proteins;carbs? I think you meant the carbs that would be absorbed easier.  I do have a good "energetic" breakfast and that's all I need to have a good workout,  but then there's this thing called sustained energy that isn't just for that single workout but it's for several more workouts in the month (lel :D). If you eat carbs AFTER workout but not before once (happened to me today, because I only had 1 hour left, did fast workout and then needed more carbs intake) then that's no biggie , it takes time for body to absorb the carbohydrates and degredate them to glucose for body to take that as energy. Pasta is Low Glycemic Carbohydrate which means it takes slower to absorb, is that bad? Not really, that's great because the body won't respond with a much higher level of insuline (hormon that decreases ur glucose level) and you will have more SUSTAINED energy.  I like having a good breakfast for that energy boost and coffe (that's pre-workout in this case), sure ideal is to have carbs before the workout but honestly, if it doesn't always workout then I'm only about the balanced diet and enough proteins/carbs/fat intake.  Same goes for proteins. Cell respyration takes time (source of energy) and it's only about having a balanced diet throughout the day. You want SUSTAINED energy not only for that one workout, but for the several more workouts in that month instead.

As for supplements, you stated protein, well that's something you use everyday regardless. xD I know what you meant tho, protein powder comes pretty handy and is actually pretty good if you don't have enough time to cook some meat and just get that fast source of proteins. At the end of the day, everything is made out of the same molecules that you need for that energy boost/muscle growth so everyone seems to complicate about that for no reason.

Re: Weight-Lifting - STyL4 - 02-20-2015

if admins allow me I'd like to post pics here(even if its unfortunately multi-post) since I'd like to save/upload them somewhere..

post-workout meal (tuna, frankfurter/hotdog, slices of chicken breasts - really good source of protein and very little fat..) + water with tablet soluted (magnesium, B vitamins,..)

[Image: 20150219_164302.jpg]

Re: Weight-Lifting - Fuse - 02-20-2015

looks like leftovers ;(