Las Venturas Playground
Extreme Metal - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Metal (/thread-23070.html)

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 05:45 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Are you serious?

Yeah, 100% serious about the speeding up in studio thing and my 'rant' was 1/4 the size it should've been. If you're looking for proper power metal, I'd recommend you listen to some of the following bands:
Helloween
Blind Guardian
Manowar
Lost Horizon
Iced Earth
Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica
...should be a good start.

(06-12-2010, 05:14 PM)SkiLLs link Wrote: Oh! One more thing... I would like to know more bands like Lamb of God. Any suggestions?
I don't listen to Lamb of God, but if you want some other modern American thrash/groove metal, check out Fear Factory and Machine Head. Again, not exactly my kind of thing but you may enjoy those bands (then again they're popular as hell so I wouldn't be surprised if you're not already into them).

Re: Extreme Metal - Lithirm - 06-12-2010

SkiLLs, you should try listening to DevilDriver, they're good.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 06-13-2010

(06-12-2010, 08:20 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: SkiLLs, you should try listening to DevilDriver, they're good.
FUCK YEH!!! I can send u sum if u wanna have a squizz at then i got all there stuff i think

@Maddo, I dunno if im a full proper metal head :P I like sum Power Metal like if DF came to australia i wouldnt rush to go see them

Re: Extreme Metal - Carcass - 06-13-2010

I like Machine head's latest album alot. Can't say much about their older nu metal stuff though
Lamb of God is overrated in my opinion

no other groove metal band can touch Pantera though  8)

anyway Kalmah's latest CD is awesome
Kalmah - Godeye (2010)

Insomnium is good aswell:
3:16 and on is so epic
Insomnium - The Killjoy

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 06-13-2010

(06-13-2010, 07:00 AM)Nater link Wrote: @Maddo, I dunno if im a full proper metal head :P I like sum Power Metal like if DF came to australia i wouldnt rush to go see them

Heh that's okay, if you enjoy slipknot or whatever nu metal/metalcore bands then you defend your beliefs- but there are some concerts you don't want to be seen at wearing their merchandise.
Apparently, while DF play shit live, they do put on a good show (so they'd have to) so perhaps they'd be worth seeing- on a personal level I definitely wouldn't though. Personal tastes develop over time, and as stupid as this sounds now, I'm sure you'll 'grow out' (tastewise) of whatever commercial metal bands.

(06-13-2010, 08:01 AM)Carcass link Wrote: I like Machine head's latest album alot. Can't say much about their older nu metal stuff though
Lamb of God is overrated in my opinion

no other groove metal band can touch Pantera though  8)

anyway Kalmah's latest CD is awesome

The only Machine Head album I have is Burn My Eyes- it's not really my kind of thing. Same goes with the rest of their stuff I've heard- I'm not saying it's crap, it's just not for me.
+1 on Lamb of God being overrated.
+1 on no other groove metal band touching Pantera, and that's not just due to them pioneering the genre (although I'm sure there are a few groove metal bands I don't know of that I'd enjoy much more).

I haven't listened to Kalmah's new album yet but I'll get onto it, thanks for the recommendation.
Word is that Fear Factory's new release is good, but I haven't heard it (and again, it's not straight down my alley either).

2010 albums I have heard, however:
Kiuas - Lustdriven  (heard this one at least 20 times)
Hour of Penance - Paradogma    (an excellent Italian technical death metal album)
Triptykon - Eparistera Diamones  (one of, if not the best 2010 release so far)
Ihsahn - After  (prog metal album worth listening to, though IMO not as good as the above releases)
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Mafia (EP)  (more proof that Italian tech death kicks ass, highly recommended)
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy  (a decent album, but doesn't really break any new ground. More of the same, probably the least interesting of all the releases on this list, but not a poor album)

Looking forward to the new Symphony X (as I have been for years, title should be announced real soon), Septic Flesh and hopefully the next Wintersun album will come out within the next decade. Looks likely to be released in 2011, hopefully along with Arcutus' reunion and the release of Devin Townsend's next 2 albums, Deconstruction and Ghost!

Ah I just remembered I've also heard Burzum's Belus, Pain of Salvation's Road Salt One (which isn't a metal album) and would've heard parts of Black Majesty's 'In Your Honour' seeing them live.

Re: Extreme Metal - Sean3 - 06-13-2010

I see, i deleted them off my list cause i dont really respect any band that does that.

I got Pantera - Cowboys From Hell, its a pretty sweet album
Megadeath - Rust In Peace album is pretty good also
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny is alright
In Flame - The Jesters Race fucking sweet album, i enjoy it a lot
Black Sabbath - Paranoid is pretty good

Will get more soon ^_^

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 06-13-2010

Whoaaa that's a real nice post!
Respect for taking DF off your list- if you still like them you shouldn't be afraid to listen to them- then again if you are just now getting into power metal, I completely support your decision because you will find stuff you enjoy and eventually dislike DF for sure.

Those 5 albums you mentioned are all really important in the creation of various genres- Cowboys from Hell is just a sweet thrash album (and was one albums really leading into Pantera pioneering groove metal).
Megadeth's Rust in Peace would be one of the greatest thrash albums, JP's Sad Wings just massive in heavy metal, Black Sabbath's Paranoid same thing, and In Flames' Jester Race (as I said earlier) is one of the 3 pioneering albums in Gothenburg Melodic Death Metal.

If you really enjoy The Jester Race, I'd suggest you listen to 'Whoracle' (the next In Flames album) and/or Dark Tranquility's 'The Gallery' (another of the 3 albums pioneering Gothenburg melodic death). It wouldn't expand your listening terribly far but if you really love The Jester Race, you should give them a listen.

Re: Extreme Metal - Sean3 - 06-14-2010

Cool cool, i got In Flames Whoracle, i also got Kalmahs Swamplord, They Will Return, and 12 Gauge today, gonna download Sonata Arctica - Winterhearts Guild, i heard a song by them and it was amazing in this album :)
Sonata Arctica - Champagne Bath
^ this is the song xD

I just love this song
In Flames - Behind Space
but the album i got it on sounds different then this one, it sounds more loud and clear ><  the one i got, it says The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance

Sonata Arctica - Broken
^ amazing

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 06-14-2010

Broken is one of my top 5 favourite Sonata Arctica songs.
I saw them in January of this year with Ensiferum and they were amazing, though they played mainly new pieces.

Sonata Arctica - Don't Say A Word
Don't Say a Word is the song that got me into Sonata Arctica, and the crowd loved it when they played it.
Also check out Full Moon, Replica and Tallulah.

The version of The Jester Race you downloaded (same as me) came with Black Ash Inheritance as bonus tracks, as it's the EP between The Jester Race and Whoracle. Goliaths Disarm Their Davids is a sweet track, and Gyroscope is excellent.
'Behind Space' on Black Ash Inheritance is a live recording I believe. The vocalist on Lunar Strain is Michael Stanne (who is the vocalist for Dark Tranquility), whereas Anders Friden took over after that.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 06-14-2010

Hell yeh Pantera kick ass i got all there stuff love em im probs what u call a various metal head  ;)