Las Venturas Playground
Extreme Metal - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Metal (/thread-23070.html)

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 10-12-2011

Quote:SuicidalSpree link=topic=24265.msg404535#msg404535 date=1318338188]
kk  :D ill make up a list of all the stuff i have right now

and see what you guys suggest

btw what was that Pirate Metal that Nater allays talks about?
Hehe :D
(10-11-2011, 03:36 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: That'd be Alestorm.
Indeed :D :) Alestorm kick ass and as Maka said they are indeed "Folk Metal" just given the term Pirate Metal because of what they sing about, Rum, Wenches, Mead, etc :)

(10-11-2011, 11:40 AM)Maka link Wrote: A lot of people go through the -core genres first because it's more mainstream than anything. As you age or dig deeper into all the genres rock-related though, you'll automatically stumble upon stuff that is of better quality.

I guess the best way to get to know true metal is start off with the known bands out there. I'm talking classic traditional stuff, like Iron Maiden, et cetera.
I listern to core genres myself but not a great deal because nowadays its all the same shit different emo kid singing about why his life sucks ass  :P If I'm not listerning to clean vocaled heavy metal/power metal, I'm listerning to heavier stuff like Black Metal/ Death Metal both proper bands not wannabes, But I don't have a favourite genre of "Metal" I love them all for the differences and just listern to what ever my mood is at the time but Spree if you want some music I can send you some if you like, what genres tickle your bell?

EDITZOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy :D :) My dad brought me two albums today (imported ones)

Death - Human 20th Aniversery editon and they have The Sound of Perseverance aswell which I plan to buy for myself next week :D :)
and he got me Kamelot - Ghost Opera Limited Edition one :D :) My dads so awesome <3

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 10-14-2011

Some nice gifts you received there from your old man, heh. Ayreon's '01011001' has been listened to by yours truly. Furthermore have I also listened to Beyond Twilight's "The Devil's Hall of Fame" and "Section X". Some nice prog metal going on there. I have some other bands to still listen to, but any good recommendations are always welcome.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 10-15-2011

(10-14-2011, 04:04 PM)Maka link Wrote: Some nice gifts you received there from your old man, heh.
Yeah he said pick what a couple of albums and i'll pay so I did :) I'm puting them on my MP3 player atm :D

Re: Extreme Metal - [Dx]SuicidalSpree - 10-15-2011

i dont know whether it is just me or this runs in all metal heads blood

but ive been thinking about showing a House-pop music fan (lady gaga/Katy perry/Ke$ha)

what real talented music is stuff like Pantera Killswitch As i lay dieing Black Dahila & Parkway drive

Btw Nater i remeber you saying that As i lay dieing was Electro or somthing?

this should change you mind about that (this may not be extreme metal so its just to try to prove Nater wrong)

As I Lay Dying "Parallels" (OFFICIAL VIDEO) | As I Lay Dying "Parallels"
As I Lay Dying: Nothing Left (NEW VIDEO EXLUSIVE!!) | As I Lay Dying: Nothing Left (most heavy song off that band)
As I Lay Dying - Forsaken | As I Lay Dying - Forsaken
As I Lay Dying - Anger and Apathy (with lyrics) | As I Lay Dying - Anger and Apathy
i dont know about you but that defiantly sounds like metal to me

back to what i was saying i hate Talent-less music where they make all the sound (other than the singer) off of a computer
its making music now days go back to the 70's sounding like the Safety dance

the solo's suck
a single word is used up to 10 times in the same song
Lyrics are about love or party
No double peddles! D:

i can beat Last Friday night by Katy with Whiskey in the Jar from Metallica
its unbelievable how shit like this can make a fortune and Metal just gets left for dust

but id rather have metal bands do it for fun or fans than for fame and fortune .l..l ( O_o ) l..l.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 10-15-2011

I don't want to see any more As I Lay Dying in this thread.

(10-15-2011, 05:36 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: I don't want to see any more As I Lay Dying in this thread.
thats why i said it was just to prove Nater wrong

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 10-15-2011

As I Lay Dying are metalcore, thus belong to the "-core" group, which doesn't count as metal. Wikipedia should help you out on the topic of extreme metal as it basically lists what belongs under that umbrella term.

Quote:Extreme metal is a loosely defined umbrella term for a number of related heavy metal music subgenres that have developed since the early 1980s. The term usually refers to a more abrasive, harsher, underground, non-commercialized style or sound nearly always associated with genres like black metal, death metal, doom metal, thrash metal

However, note that Wikipedia isn't always a 100% correct on certain topics. If you're not sure what genre a certain band belongs to, you could always try Google you know. Mostly they'll come up with some nice, quite accurate results.

Anyway, here is what we put under black/trash metal:

Ketzer - Warlust

are you not listening it was just to prove Nater wrong do you get it now?

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 10-15-2011

Quote:SuicidalSpree link=topic=24265.msg404967#msg404967 date=1318677848]
are you not listening it was just to prove Nater wrong do you get it now?

I believe we all got it.

(10-11-2011, 11:33 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: this is a no-core zone.

Also, showing someone what "real music is" is doomed to fail. Music comes per taste.
Also #2, As I Lay Dying does not sound like metal. They sound like hardcore, because that's what they play.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 10-15-2011

Ah man I love your posts Maka.
Also, on the topic of black/thrash (thanks for the rec, sweet track btw), Absu are coming here in January of next year, with rather awesome Aussie support (Ruins, Portal, AMDBL and perhaps one other band)- all for $40 (a little over 30 euro), so that'll certainly be worth going to.