Las Venturas Playground
Extreme Metal - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Metal (/thread-23070.html)

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 09-13-2011

Looks like your Australian buddies are at it again Maddo;

Midnight Odyssey - From a Celestial Throne

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 09-13-2011

Thanks for the rec bro, loved it!
I hadn't actually heard of these guys before but I'll definitely check out their 2011 album. Atmospheric bm is great to listen to when you're feeling burned out- like after 12 hours of heavy metal at a festival in the basement of a venue, or at 5am after working on your thesis on the development of black metal for 8 hours (writing of Venom and Bathory alone!).
Anyway I'll be sure you rec you some stuff soon when my mind's working- but if you wanna send another couple of bands my way I'd absolutely love it.
Cheers man.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 09-13-2011

Thesis on the development of black metal? I assume that is for school then? Unless I'm mistaken, heh. I really loved it, had downloaded the two demo's earlier today and I wanted more. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the 2011 album yet, despite having listened to a few tracks on Youtube. However, if I can't find it, I'll look around to order it somewhere.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 09-14-2011

(09-13-2011, 04:17 PM)Maka link Wrote: Looks like your Australian buddies are at it again Maddo;

Midnight Odyssey - From a Celestial Throne
Aussie Aussie AUSSIE!!!!!!!!! \m/ :D Love ur Signature quote Maka _O- what do u guys think of Capathian Forest? I have one of their albums "Black Shining Leather" its alright :) id post links but im at work :P

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 09-14-2011

(09-13-2011, 09:09 PM)Maka link Wrote: Thesis on the development of black metal? I assume that is for school then? Unless I'm mistaken, heh. I really loved it, had downloaded the two demo's earlier today and I wanted more. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the 2011 album yet, despite having listened to a few tracks on Youtube. However, if I can't find it, I'll look around to order it somewhere.

Yeah I'm studying honours in Music Performance so I have to write a 10000 word essay (which I'll go over easily) on whatever suitable topic of music I choose. I feel going the classical route could well have been easier if I did it on the techniques required to play a particular piece, but this is where most of my interest lies.

(09-14-2011, 03:24 AM)Nater link Wrote: Aussie Aussie AUSSIE!!!!!!!!! \m/ :D Love ur Signature quote Maka _O- what do u guys think of Capathian Forest? I have one of their albums "Black Shining Leather" its alright :) id post links but im at work :P
Ah yes I was about to say so too, I love your sigs Maka!
Nater I haven't listened to nearly as much Carpathian Forest as I should but they're a solid band.
Carpathian Forest - The Swordsmen
I've become able to smell 4/4 to 6/8 time signature changes (1:01) from a few seconds off, but I still love them just the same!

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 09-14-2011

Haha, yeah I just tend to giggle a lot on certain quotes from certain free-for-all threads on other forums. Hadn't heard of that band yet, they're decent. Sounds like an interesting essay by the way.

Lonely Ness To See

Some more Ruthless Order.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 09-15-2011

Nice nice, yeah they are good at what they do for sure imma get some more off their stuff off my bro's gf's sister cuz she loves them and has everything of them :)

Good luck on ur studdies Maddo bud :) ur a smart fella u will kick its ass with ease :D

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 09-15-2011

Oh fuck Maka I loved that track!
I'll be listening to more of them over the next 3-4 days for sure.

(09-15-2011, 03:23 AM)Nater link Wrote: Nice nice, yeah they are good at what they do for sure imma get some more off their stuff off my bro's gf's sister cuz she loves them and has everything of them :)

Good luck on ur studdies Maddo bud :) ur a smart fella u will kick its ass with ease :D

Thanks Nater!
Wait, your bro's gf's sister has every Carpathian Forest release?
Is she hot and single? Wait, nevermind the single part, is she legal?

Opeth announced an Australian tour so I'll be seeing them on the 18th of Dec.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 09-15-2011

Go on to Orannis' facebook page and listen to the track 'Citylights.'
It's fucking great.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 09-15-2011

I cannot seem to find that facebook page somehow. Just doesn't show up in the results.

(09-15-2011, 04:11 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Thanks Nater!
Wait, your bro's gf's sister has every Carpathian Forest release?
Is she hot and single? Wait, nevermind the single part, is she legal?

Opeth announced an Australian tour so I'll be seeing them on the 18th of Dec.

Haha, I was beginning to think that way too. If anything, I'd go for it Nater!

That's cool Maddo. I personally haven't dug that deeply into Opeth's work yet. Perhaps I should expand my knowledge about them a bit.