Las Venturas Playground
Extreme Metal - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Metal (/thread-23070.html)

Re: Extreme Metal - ZheMafo - 05-27-2010

Therion - Summernight City

Is this ''Extreme metal''? Or more like normal metal?

Although its pretty nice song tho!

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 05-27-2010

If it's not death, black, doom or thrash metal (or any combination of the above, ie Strapping Young Lad is hard to classify), it's not extreme metal. That song is symphonic metal, thus it's not extreme metal.
Only early Therion is extreme (death) metal.

Re: Extreme Metal - Sean3 - 06-12-2010

DragonForce - Through The Fire And Flames

This is the type i like, not sure which genre, although im pretty sure its Heavy Metal, the fast guitar makes it feel a tad bit extreme.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 06-12-2010

Dragonforce are power metal, if I'm not mistaken. But aren't they a tad fake?
They play shit live.

Re: Extreme Metal - DeLiC - 06-12-2010

Nater is a freak.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 06-12-2010

DragonForce certainly aren't extreme metal.
They are technically power metal, though 90% of power metal bands have far more skill than them because they speed their shit up in studio and most "true" metalheads don't like them.
But hey, if you're not calling yourself a metalhead then sure, go for it, the more music you like the better I guess. I'm just saying I (and thousands of others) get pretty tired when I overhear conversations (or read on the internet) like "hey, do you listen to metal?"
"Yeah bro, dragonforce, slipknot, avenged sevenfold"
"oh fuckin brutal man! Thats so brutal!"
"haahh yeah fuckin brutal man yeah"

So what Maka said about them being "a tad fake" is correct.

Extreme metal is generally called so more due to the heaviness of the music than the speed (as power metal would probably be the fastest genre on average guitarwise). Basically if you check the band on wikipedia and they're one or more of any kind of death metal, doom metal, black metal or thrash metal (or simply labelled extreme metal) then it'd work in this thread.

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 09:03 AM)DeLiC link Wrote: Nater is a freak.
thanks babe  :>
I got Satryicon - Now Diabolical album today for free :) aint had a listern yet probs will 2moz :)

Re: Extreme Metal - SaDist - 06-12-2010

Hello! I would like to add some heave shit too.  :D
Lamb of God - 11th Hour
Oh! One more thing... I would like to know more bands like Lamb of God. Any suggestions?

Re: Extreme Metal - Sean3 - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 09:17 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: They are technically power metal, though 90% of power metal bands have far more skill than them because they speed their shit up in studio and most "true" metalheads don't like them.
Are you serious?

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 06-12-2010

(06-12-2010, 05:45 PM)Sean3 link Wrote: Are you serious?

Yeah, he is.