Las Venturas Playground
Extreme Metal - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Extreme Metal (/thread-23070.html)

Re: Extreme Metal - STyL4 - 07-12-2011

(07-12-2011, 01:43 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: I guess it's a personal thing, I'd probably find it easier to do growls but that's because I don't do it professionally and half-ass it, and it's harder to half-ass a shriek. At any rate it's a skill to do either one effectively.

I don't like A7X because they have a very basic, commercial sound, the vocals are rather effeminate (and I can't stand the whiney-type male vocals), their "tough/pretty boy" image is repulsive and arguably most of all they're marketed as "heavy metal" and many of their fans consider themselves to be metalheads while they dress all pretty and talk shit on real metal.
People listen to what they listen to, and I respect that, so I'm not gonna talk shit on a7x fans unless they talk shit on music I consider to be vastly superior in the first place.

what is the difference between shriek and low scream ? is shriek a scream technique ?

do u know Hammerfall? and what's ur opinion on them ?

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 07-12-2011

(07-12-2011, 04:38 PM)Maka link Wrote: Orphaned Land is a band I've heard of before. Judging from the piece you've posted, it's something I like. I'm quite new to the theme being used too to be fair.
I've got Moonsorrow's Voimasta Ja Kunniasta album actually. Equilibrium is something I've yet to listen but I have their Rekreatur album.

Voimasta Ja Kunniasta is a solid album (as are all Moonsorrow albums), I enjoy it a bit more than Suden Uni, their other 2001 album- however their best would be Verisakeet (heavier on the black side of blackened folk) and Kivenkantaja (much more epic, the second of the three most epic albums I've listened to). I reckon you should give Kivenkantaja a listen- check out the opening track:
Moonsorrow - Raunioilla (full version)

Rekreatur is Equilibrium's weakest- I can't say that with complete certainty as I haven't heard it start to finish (and will download it now), I'd say Sagas is their best but others would say that Turis Fratyr is. They're both excellent albums, though I'd start with Sagas.

(07-12-2011, 06:06 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: what is the difference between shriek and low scream ? is shriek a scream technique ?

do u know Hammerfall? and what's ur opinion on them ?
IMO screams are clean vocal techniques often with a little rasp employed and are often heard in traditional/heavy metal, power metal, prog metal, speed metal or whatever. Shrieks are a harsh vocal technique more often employed in black metal, death metal, folk and various other genres. I'm not sure if the definitions are particularly set in stone (as shrieks can be of varying pitches as can growls, though vocalists usually don't specifically place the pitch of their shrieks or growls as a melodic vocalist would their screams), but that's my take on the issue.
Hammerfall are a very popular and influential band but by the time I gave them a chance I'd already heard a good enough amount of other power metal and I find them to be rather bland on a personal level. I don't disrespect them or anything though. As far as power metal goes I much prefer bands like Lost Horizon and Blind Guardian.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 07-12-2011

Alright, I'll see what I can find. On a second note...

(07-12-2011, 06:25 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: As far as power metal goes I much prefer bands like Lost Horizon and Blind Guardian.

BLIND GUARDIAN
WACKEN
AUGUST

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 07-13-2011

(07-12-2011, 06:55 PM)Maka link Wrote: Alright, I'll see what I can find. On a second note...

BLIND GUARDIAN
WACKEN
AUGUST

BLIND GUARDIAN
AUSTRALIA
OCTOBER

HOORAY!

Re: Extreme Metal - Nater - 07-13-2011

(07-13-2011, 02:45 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: BLIND GUARDIAN
AUSTRALIA
OCTOBER

HOORAY!
I WANNA GO WHEN AND WHERE TICKETS AVAILABLE? :o :D *O*

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 07-13-2011

(07-13-2011, 04:21 AM)Nater link Wrote: I WANNA GO WHEN AND WHERE TICKETS AVAILABLE? :o :D *O*

They were available weeks ago- you'd better check that they're not sold out yet seeing as they're only doing two Aussie shows (as of now), an all ages one in Sydney and an 18+ in Melbourne at Billboards on Sunday October 2.
I know the site I got them from (about 2 hours after they were announced) ordered in their last batch of tickets a few weeks ago- you might get lucky.
Not a bad price at ~$70, you'd better google it though.
I think this is where I got mine:
http://www.metalmassacre.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=5130

In the spirit of the thread,
Melechesh: Rebirth of the Nemesis

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 07-13-2011

Wolfchant - A Paganstorm

(07-12-2011, 01:51 PM)Maka link Wrote: (though I'll say melodic death isn't 'spot on' my cup of tea, unless people mean the kind that's labelled as prog or tech).

I take that back. I do like melodeath. I guess it just depends.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maddolis - 07-15-2011

Love the ending to that track.
Melodeath can be so formulaic and overdone by many bands so I see your point, and I agree that there are some that really make the effort to do something different and can be great to listen to. Have you listened to any SepticFlesh?
Also tell me what you think of this:
Istapp - Köldens Union
Melodic bm with folk influences.

Re: Extreme Metal - Maka - 07-15-2011

I think it's great, and yeah I've listened Septicflesh before.

Gernotshagen - Dragadhrond

Forefather - Ours Is The Kingdom

Death - Sacred Serenity

Re: Extreme Metal - Carbon - 07-15-2011

RAP 4 LIFE