Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[suggestion]Certain symbols in names
Sometimes when I am on the ship, I see people shooting, and admin cant find the id in time to joil them before they have killed someone! So maybe it would be easy to instead of /jail (id), /jail (name), But this can be hard for admins as some peoples names (unlike mine) Have a lot of symbols in them! So maybe a ceratin number of symbols could be dis-allowed, Although it would be a lot of hard work having to rename A lot of registered users, But In the endit would be worth it! E.g symbols

!"£$%^&*())_+=-{}[]:;@'~#<,>.?\|/

Thx

Grove
Don't worry, we can already jail people on name instead of id  :)
/jail name is sometimes not accurate.
In most cases we can use /jail gro if we want to jail Grove, but sometimes there is (For example) another player called grok. So 3 same letters.
So at this moment we have to be more specific. It works, but not always :)
And something else what could happen, is when you enter /jail grove, the server says he can't find a player called grove.

And no @? Poor H@wker :+
Don't know if it is possible to control symbols in the player names, because we can create a register form at our site which doesn't allow that characters, but SA-MP still accepts it.
Can't you make a system that ignores those symbols? So if you want to jail h@wker then that would be: /jail hwker.

Or when someone uses the this kinda name: --==([Hetuh])==--. Then you just have to type: /jail Hetuh and the program understands that. ;)

Sorry if this is completly noobish. :P
Theoretical: Possible.
But the system has to guess what name it could be.
And afaik /jail h@wk should work :)
It's just harder to type such names :)
But it's the same like s0mb0dy, harder to type, but not impossible.
There is already a system in LVP that guesses names. /newtaxi uses it, you can enter a part of a name and it tries to match it to known destenations.
True, but you won't use such a system for jailing people :)
Or banning :P Oh, banned the wrong name again.. :+
yesterday, i fixed that for the admin teleport function. Now it's so easy to use the same system for jail unjail and other handy functions.
Isn't it possible to display a users name and id above their heads ?
No, that is hardwired into sa-mp