Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: Will SA-MP fade when GTA4 is out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
24.37%
29 24.37%
No
75.63%
90 75.63%
Total 119 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Will SA-MP fade when GTA4 is out?
(04-26-2008, 11:22 PM)Mike link Wrote: Hmm. I just have to post now.

I believe the people who created the multiplayer mods we see today will take GTAIV *when it comes out for PC* and make a multiplayer mod for it. It's only logical.

forum.IV-MP.nl anyone?
if it goes on PC rockstar has its own MP dude... and the young people that made these MP mods couldn't get the sync nearly as perfect as rockstar's.
I think they could if they had the time for it.
samp will grow
(04-27-2008, 02:00 PM)Turkey link Wrote: I think they could if they had the time for it.
yeah.. but Rockstar is already going to be 100% perfect because they're professionals that get paid for this. if kye is being such an emo now i doubt he'd like to get involved with GTA IV.
There is no confirmation that rockstar will bring it onto the PC, but In My opinion it is highly likely as they will probably make a lot of money on it.

However, if it does come onto the PC, I reckon there won't be a multiplayer pc version supported.
This is just speculation and they way i think it will happen, and no its not based on actual facts because there aren't any.

It will be released on pc, once gtaiv for both 360 and ps3 have reached a certain stage in their sales revenue. As much as rockstar wouldn't want it to be released on pc because of piracy and modding issues that is not much of a concern when it comes to getting paid. Once they feel they have reached an adequate level of sales (sales revenue) and see a steady decline, they will port it over to the PC to double up on their revenues while the demand still exists for their product (before it looses its appeal).

At this point most of you have probably read reviews (ign, teamxbox..etc) this game is fucking huge, only word to describe is it revolutionary cause from this point onwards games will not be the same.

Personally i think they will ship a modified version of GTAIV and its multiplayer for the pc. If they were smart and interested in banking as much money as possible (which is the objective of any business especially after it has the perfect product) they would increase the player limit from 16 to atleast the conventional 32-64. Now everyone that had it for their next-gen consoles-if they cant get enough of that multiplayer will go invest in pc's that will run that game and buy it for the 2nd time :)

They would be stupid not to port it to the pc with a multiplayer, and i reckon the PC version will be even better cause they will watch and get feedback from the versions released on consoles to make improvements (if needed) and they will have more time to develop a bulletproof MP system for the pc. Obviously, this is from my perspective from where im standing and it may make sense to me and you but rockstar may have a different game plan..either way rockstar will not dissapoint its customers, just look how incredible gtaiv is.

Long post ^^ and i still didn't address the topic of this thread.

Will sa-mp fade, well i think sa-mp has almost reached its peak and if not maybe max at 10000players...and after gtaiv is released some of those players will leave for greener pastures but a majority of those players will still be here. You cannot come to any conclusions as of now cause it go any direction atm maybe 0.2.5 will be that so good that it keeps people around and if its not what they expected then they might leave..its too early to tell.
;)howdy again eevryone ..

wellw ell i got to say SA-MP will never Fade ;) good Topic  .
(05-12-2008, 10:02 AM)chevy link Wrote: ;)howdy again eevryone ..

wellw ell i got to say SA-MP will never Fade ;) good Topic  .
Although you bumped an old topic, you are right. GTA 4's release hardly impacted SA-MP at all.
You know the daily average has dropped by 2000 (every time I check it)?
1) When the PC version is released they will most likely try to make it so each multiplayer online player needs/pays for a unique key code. Which means samp will still keep a certain amount of players that cannot afford the pc upgrade if needed and $$$ for the game itself or at least a legit copy of the game.

2) The bigger problem is competition ? will samp become gta-iv's  pc online multiplayer pepsi to their coke ? If so it will not take much to shut down samp to elimintae the competition becuase im sure they could find 2,345 laws and copyright infringments samp is breaking ? As it stands samp helped/helps gta-sa sales even if for every 10 samp players 1 actually paid for the game thats still alot of sales generated from samp but if they feel the 200 people servers hurt there 30 people gtaiv pc online servers then ?????